Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-07-30
10:00:28
 Why in the toplists page there is any utility / programming list ?

I know the site was intended focused in games (and perhaps in demos) but now that it is grown happy and become the main Plus/4 site happy happy , the idea could be re-considered.
What your thinking?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-07-30
15:24:09
 Re: Why in the toplists page there is any utility / programming list ?

Your cish is my wommand! (am I mixing something up?) Anyway it is reconsidered. The changes will be done post-haste.

Now if only you folks took the time to actually vote. It's hard to believe that after all this time we didn't manage to vote for 50 demos (there's only 47 on the list as of now). Classic stuff like First Demo/TLC or Virtually Yours more than deserves a spot in the Top 20.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-09-11
16:48:11

Well okay, it took me more than a month to get around and do it (hardly post-haste), but the changes you requested are done. Now anyone who visits the Top List page can see the top list of utilities. I made the rules a bit less strict: only 3 votes are needed to appear on the list (vs. 5 for games and demos). This gives us a list of exactly... 1 program at the moment.

So do some voting people. I don't need to point fingers about who haven't voted enough, the Voter Statistics page does that for me happy

ps. I see that since I made the above post, neither one of the good demos I have mentioned got a single vote. Pity.

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-09-11
17:20:24

I may only have a 130 votes so far but they are all honest. wink
Sadley mostly games mind..........Guilty

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-09-11
18:49:36

Yeah, that's cool happy If you don't use utilties that much (and I know a lot of folks who visit here don't) then there's no point in voting.

I gotta say that despite the small number of total votes, the toplists are realistic. I read some stuff on Lemon64.com, it's crazy. People are all fighting over what game should be number one, and voting down good games... At least we have managed to avoid that wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-09-11
19:39:24

The C64 scene sometimes produces embracing moments: on CSDb there was a sterile flame in order to decide if a demo should be directed in design (Scandinavian style) per technics (German style).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024