in english
alvo (al) wish you a smooth hand

I think, this game was written by ... alvo wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-05-17
21:59:03
 Re: Yttrium

Could be! What can you tell us about his contact address? Does "gdr-lpz.-290082" mean anything?

Oh, I got it! It just hit me. On the game screen, top-right, you can actually read "Yttrium Alvo 89", it's just a bit wierd, the "A" is big and the "lvo" is top-bottom next to it. I didn't know what to make of that until you just said it.

Okay then, next obvious question (besides the address): who is Alvo? happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-05-18
03:32:28

lpz could be Leipzig? (Lipcse??) happy

Posted By

Suto
on 2004-05-18
03:40:12

IMHO:

gdr. = German Demokratic Republic = East Germany
lpz. = Leipzig

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-05-18
05:04:46

Csabo, insert also the end's pictures! wink

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-05-20
09:35:27

the number is still a mistery. Could it be a phone number? For postal code it is too long...

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-05-20
09:51:11

just for your information: I wrote an email to Deusche Telekom to ask them to help me to find the new number if it is an old phone number... happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-05-20
10:07:34

>>>the number is still a mistery. Could it be a phone number? For postal code it is too long...

I think it's the star-date 29008.2
[J.T.Kirk]

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2004-05-20
11:00:18

In the YAPE monitor, there's more text to be found at $3900 and $3C00...happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2004-05-20
12:48:53

Ulysses, there's even more than that, but that is sort of a bug: he took the intro music from one of TTL's demos, and simply left the old scroll-texts as they were. He gives credit to TTL for the music though.

Posted By

RKSoft
on 2004-05-20
20:35:39

gdr-lpz.-290082

german democratic replublic = gdc
lpz = Leipzig
290082 = telephone number

But i don't know if the number are up to date

Posted By

RKSoft
on 2004-05-20
21:13:32

sorry, here in germany - it is very late and i wrote stupid text wink

i mean, of course:

gdr = german democratic republic

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-03-26
11:34:17

I checked out this game when following Luca's hint to the toplists.

There's still no creator added for this game and "Alvo" (aka Al) is not in the member base.

Everything that has been said here (LPZ=Leipzig, etc) seems to be correct.

It's a pretty cool release for that time (1989) and obviously, Alvo was aware of other scene productions back then. I have to admit that I haven't seen many "scene-ish" plus/4 productions "made in GDR" at that time.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-03-26
11:50:47

So add him if you think he should be listed, you have the admin rights happy

We usually add scene members who have 3 or more releases, but there are of course exceptions.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-03-26
12:03:07

I wonder what else he programmed because it says "This is my best program now". That sounds like he had some previous releases. Also his coding suggests that he is a somewhat experienced programmer.

I know that I don't have any of his other products in my disk boxes and back then, I didn't have any contacts except SOLDER in the eastern part of Germany. Plus, I don't have a huge archive anyway. Maybe someone else finds another game by Alvo or Al from Leipzig.

Posted By

Sidius
on 2007-03-29
07:54:30

The number ist not a telephone number - at least none from Leipzig...

...they have (and also had even then) seven figures !

However, it could be a PLK number.

PLK signifies "PostLagerKarte" - A card for a post office box.

These post office boxes were used in Germany with pleasure in the 80s for the exchange of (illegal) software. wink

Anyway these PLKs had six figures...

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-03-29
11:17:41

Ha :D

I haven't mention that because I'm not familiar with telephone numbers in Leipzig.

Plus, I wasn't sure if PLKs were available in the GDR (it dates back to 1989, still two Germanys) as well.

Main advantage of PLKs: They were free and no identification -except that card- was required. They were intended e.g. for homeless ppl who don't have a postal address but as Sidius mentioned already, widely used for swapping.

Actually, I had one, too happy There could be a trained version of "Reach for the Sky" which is the only release ever in which I mentioned it. Unfortunately, some months later, all PLKs were closed. I guess the POST wanted ppl to use regular P.O.boxes which of course have to be paid for.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024