Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-02-09
07:10:51
 OMG! What's this?

I was ready to ask Mike about a new URL in the plus4.org hierarchy, when I read the sad news!
Mike, tell us more, plz...

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-02-09
08:43:11
 Re: OMG! What's this?

Noooooooooooooooo oo oo o o o o . . . . .. .......... .............

Posted By

indi
on 2004-02-09
09:31:32

Yeah, Im afraid so.... I just dont have the time or will to keep a generic plus/4 site going anymore. However, the subdomains won't be affected.

yape.plus4.net for example won't go, because sub-domains are free to me, and dont take any bandwidth.

I have a new project that "could" be very bandwidth consuming, so Im stripping back. I also need to use the forums for this, and since the plus/4 ones weren't really used, Im gonna use them rather than build new ones.

Same goes for the news posting section, it's simply saving me time and bandwidth, so...

XEO3 is still there and won't go... but the MP3's might "if" bandwidth gets tight.

All the files are still there, but will be going off line soon. My Minus4 page has already gone, since you can get that almost anywhere now. If anyone struggles, i can send Lando the last batch of files, or even a dump of the web site.

What was the sub-domain you wanted? If its just "name pointing", thats fine.... but I can't host anything else just now.

So something like "blah.plus4.net" or "blah.plus4.org" or something is fine...

Posted By

SVS
on 2004-02-09
12:00:21

I've attemped to dump the entire site, but without luck (robot.txt error), with any combination of setting of dumper prg.
Mike: A good idea could be to make available a zipped large file of entire structure... what do you think?

Posted By

MIK
on 2004-02-09
14:07:21

Mike. Sure will have your old site and content sat here, not a problem. Would be great to keep it for all to see one way or another. happy

http://plus4world.com/minus4

or something. What ever the case let us know.

Posted By

indi
on 2004-02-10
13:19:15

Okay, the current "state" is that I've solved my bandwidth issues by getting a 3rd party interested. He's got a company with a big fat pipe... so thats fine.

Plus4.com will still be closing since I need "part" of it anyway, and it wasn't getting used.

minus4 site can go back on line again, since bandwidth isn't an issue now.

This is what happens when you have to pay for bandwidth happy

I think all you really need from plus4.com is the programming+misc bit. The rest is available elsewhere. I may see if I can alter the minus4 pages to access them, and make the minus4 pages the root of plus4.com.

But Im still not sure... so someone let me know what your after, and I'll try and package it up....

Posted By

Crown
on 2004-02-10
15:05:07

Just out of curiosity, what are you plan to do Mike?

Posted By

indi
on 2004-02-11
19:03:48

Im doing an indepth history of DMA..... And I plan to expand it quite a bit. The first year is up, and the rest will go up as I do them. The forum has also been transformed into a Ex-DMA forum, although there are some public bits for folk to ask DMA people questions.

Its still fairly empty since it only went live today. The site will move soon too, but the forum will probably stay where it is.

http://www.dmadesign.org/

Posted By

Lavina
on 2004-02-16
05:54:14

I want to play with xeo3....

Posted By

Luca
on 2004-02-16
06:34:40

Eh, I wanna draw next levels, compose next levels'music etcetcetc... Hope that a brave hero will get the gauntlet...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024