Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-10-10
 [YAPE] 0.52...must we talk about?

No, I used all the best words for it and for its author, I'm totally astonished.

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-10-10
 Re: [YAPE] 0.52...must we talk about?

>>> the new YAPE is actually faster! On a Pentium II 350 Mhz, it runs at almost 200%
But...but... it's exactly the specifications of my home PC! Then you truly think me happy

People I officially propose Gaia as "Programmer of the Year"!!!

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-10-13

Paul just reported that on 166mmx YAPE 0.52 runs at a speed of 50 %, which is already suitable for programming. :o

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-10-13

Disable sound and, if you can, the drive emulation too. In this way you'll have the higher speed happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-10-13

SVS is right about what he writes. Additionally you can do the following if you have a slow computer:
- on Win9x using small border is somewhat faster (not on NT)
- use frame skipping: selecting a frame refresh rate of 25 is hardly noticeable, still it delivers better performance
- full screen mode is usually the fastest (although the access to the GUI is somewhat limited, and is of course no option for crossdev)

Posted By

MC
on 2003-10-13

Second option: buy a faster computer finally happy A used one can't be that expensive!

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-10-13

Please keep in mind that the program will only run as fast as Windows allows it resources.

On my office computer, YAPE 0.49 runs at 100% just fine on an AMD950.

My wife's computer (in the living area) has an AMD 1.2G and YAPE only runs at 85-90% with the same settings. However my wife's computer has several other 'background' programs running as well -- messengers, CD-RW drivers, etc that my office computer does not run.

Posted By

Bionic
on 2003-10-13

No, I have a complaint about Yape: Now that it almost replaces a real Plus/4, it diminishes the market size for used Plus/4s! People are more likely to use YAPE instead of a real Plus/4. YAPE reduces the profit margins of professional eBay rip-offs. wink wink wink wink

This even inspired me to check eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3051422081&category=3544
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3051688915&category=3544

See, they are already below 2€

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-13

happy Sure Yape is awesome and in many ways better than the real thing, but its missing one important feature!

A real Plus/4 Keyboard wink

Posted By

Bionic
on 2003-10-13

Actually I thought that was one of the biggest advantages of YAPE- the Plus/4 keyboard wears off way too fast. For me, the only reason to use a real plus/4 is the more authentic display. (flicker happy )

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-10-13

and that keyboard reminds me to ask Attila again, how about redefinable keyboard support? Then I can put the C= key on the LEFT control key, where it belongs wink and the double-quote on the double-quote key instead of Shift-2, and so forth and so on. This way people not so familiar with the Plus/4 can still use YAPE without having to learn the different keyboard layout.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-13

I also asked that question some time ago but it was only needed for one game, that being Molecule Man. Would be cool to setup the PC arrow keys to play it. wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-13

Bionic, that flicker just might be too good on Yape. The game Thrust is almost there, you could swear blind its running correct but its not holding together as it should and maybe the TV flicker hides this???

Posted By

MC
on 2003-10-13

Reconfigurable keys YES
Arrow keys for joy or config joy YES
But PALemu still needs to come first!!!! happy

Posted By

PARALAX
on 2003-10-17

Yape 0.52 rocks!!! I've tested over 50 games and Demos, every game works perfectly. Minus 4 isn't the best C16/Plus 4 Emulator any more, I never like it really. I ever know that Yape will win the race some day.wink

The only things I really miss a bit is the support of 2 joysticks at the same time (PC Joystick or PC and Keyboard) and better D64 disk write support in 1541 mode. If I wanna save the hiscore from "Summer Events" inside another D64 disk it damages the disk image with strange SEQ-Files. If I save a PRG-File in IEC folder it works but I must copy the file manually with "Star Commander" (C64 File manager on PC) inside the disk. And if I save every programm in a IEC folder I've too many files as when I could save inside a D64 disk.wink

Besides that I really can't remember what would be should increased there...maybe a printer support inside a TXT-File or some features knowing from CCS64, the best C64 Emulator in the net. But I really don't need any more.:D

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-10-17

Glad that you like Yape happy I try my best to keep it going. Good news: I have just added 2 joystick support. Actually you can use now a normal PC joystick and emulation via the keyboard (which is now configurable).

D64 write in 1541/CPU mode is not yet supported, not sure what you mean here? In 1551/IEC mode it _is_ possible, although I have recently discovered that it fails sometimes (with those mysterious SEQ files you mention) I'll need to have a look at that later as well.

Posted By

abcug
on 2003-10-17

I don't remember who told that happyhappyhappy the sid initalisation routines must check because of no sound when I change configuration after a program start...

Gaia! Dont run so fast with that version numbers ... I never catch you ! happy
I think the best plus4 emulator is yours now and HOPE FOREVER ! happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-10-17

Hey Gaia, I'd like to see what Dr Zsolt would have to say about it now, I sure he would be blown away with what you've done!! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024