Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-08-21
 COVER COLLECTION

Watching the previous month's news I wonder how many of the original (commercial) covers do we have already on the site, and how many do we miss... Csabo, do you have some statistics about this?? So many covers came already!! (good job to all of you, who sent in!) I wonder how this rate of incoming covers accelerated up so much to this level??? I hope it was not my LĂ©gicsata cover scan... happy happy < that was changed by the Crown version... BTW>

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-21
 Re: COVER COLLECTION

We sure do get a lot of them, it's building at an incredible speed happy I also want to thank everyone for sending them in. I have been thinking about making a statistics page for this, I will try to do it soon. But we can't be that far away from a (dare I say it?) complete collection. This means commercial games only, of course.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-08-21

I think we miss most of the covers from the Hungarian releases. It would be good to find those... There are some real gems among them. It's a pity I don't have my original tapes anymore

Posted By

Crown
on 2003-08-21

The data is already shown on the side navbar on the homepage: happy

Total Software 3922
Covers 405

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-08-21

no good. We need covers/commercial software stat. happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-21

I second that... The total software includes everything (demos, mags, etc.), lots of stuff that never had covers. So we need to know the number of commercial releases only (which, at the moment, cannot be query'd on any screen, this sucks), and then which one has a cover. The 405 covers includes 4 covers for the Aliens game for example, so only one per game should be counted. Anyway, now I'm curious too, so I will put a small query together quickly to see where we stand... Stay tuned!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-22

Okay, I made a small statistics page here. You all will probably be surprised to see that we are at only somewhere around 55%. This number can increase two ways: 1) we get more covers, 2) we fix up (decrease) the list of commercial releases. The current number (554) is probably too high. (This is why I wanted to find out whether Space Sweep, etc. count as a separate commercial release.)

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-22

(554) does sound to many, I have near on 300 games on cassette happy

I know there are a good number I dont have and including releases from around the world this could add up to 500+

We are also missing the 100 (basic) games from the Robtek release wink
You could pull your hair out thinking about this one....

And in the rare case as you found out today "Soccer Boss" is "The Boss". Two games which are the same but with different names, and your in luck because I have the cover to prove it happy Watch this space.. wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-08-22

That Robotek release will count as 1 (one) commercial release with cover. The 100 games will be considered 'cracks', since they were not released separately. Looking forward to see "The Boss" happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-22

It might be more fair to the Robtek release to call it PD software.?

Posted By

Mosh
on 2003-08-23

I came across a site one time (the sites name escapes me now) when I was starting collecting that listed the number of commercial C16/+4 software items at precisely 439. This did not include complations or business software, and probably didn't include Eastern European produced software (remember this was the '80's, cold war and all).

Having seen this site, I'm inclined to think that the number is somewhere around the 550 mark.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024