Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-03-30
14:18:49
 Re: Mad Pod Race!

Ok, now I finally played it as it deserves, and it occupied my whole afternoon, then I casted a very high vote for it: it's very very amusing!

Physics are fantastic, though not impeccable at times, I simply loved all the references and citations from the old scene, and the style is so modern and contemporary. It also has a great rate in its global durability, 'coz it's a challenge ready any time for the gamer!

Now: I got some passwords, so where to enter them in order to immediately unlock the levels? Maybe I've had a superficial read of the instruction, could be?

Only for the site's managing: can we tag it as "has an end, restarts"? Or does it have a real ending in some ways?

I dare to suggest – a big deal for a pretty nice game like this, indeed! – three fields of improvement:
- the best would be a password system or a save option in order to store and preserve the achieved results, so you can have your own challenge at any reload of the game! Maybe the lack of it means that this has to be an arcade-like experience, in which rebuild your career at any play session...
- having softsprites, I would have preferred some merciful collisions. I mean, a smaller collision box compared to the obstacles. Of course, keep in mind that I cannot know how this decision would eventually condition the code and if it can actually be possible to add preserving the current fluidity of the game;
- just as I suggested in beta phase, very few characters might have been spent in order to draw some very tiny lines on the tracks – a bit like Mayan signs on the sand – using the common color, just to fulfill the visuals. Again, I cannot know if you had free chars for it.

Once again, congratulations to all of you guys. @LBM this represents a gigantic comeback by you. Dozens years ago, your Atomino fulfilled my afternoons, it's now 2024 and this hasn't changed! wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024