Code Type:Machine code
Distribution:Freeware
False Idols Screenshot

Posted By

Lavina
on 2024-01-25
06:50:02
 Re: False Idols

We are adding more info about the demo.... For now, screens and effects are being added by Luca

Has anyone found out the mystery about the ***** in the credits???

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2024-01-25
08:12:29

Isn't that 5th plasma (isometric) part a landscape (plasma based, isometric) instead?

Posted By

Lavina
on 2024-01-25
08:56:01

Bubis will hopefully give the final verdict but I think you are right; if it would be plasma, it would need "animation" of the height map. Instead, it's a static height map, moved around just as a landscape AFAIK. wink

Posted By

mono
on 2024-01-25
09:43:34

Beautiful! Thanks.

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-25
12:12:08

gerliczer is right, gonna change it. Thank you.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-25
16:06:34

I'm sure nobody found anything weird in this demo, like - I dunno - PSTC or whatnot. We can't help ourselves, the scene is just not foxy enough!

On that note, every member on Plus/4 World *can* and *should* edit everything. Please don't wait for other folks to add stuff, especially if it's your own prod... Please, please, pretty please and thank you, thank you, thank you.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2024-01-25
16:36:37

Pressure Sensitive Tape Council?
Public Safety Training Center?
Peace Support Training Centre?
Product Safety Technical Committee?
Production Services Tax Credit?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-25
16:54:15

Oh, I'm just making stuff up, but it's... probably something terribly clever happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2024-01-25
17:25:31

ST PC in mixed order grin

@Csabo you know I made SO MANY mistakes with my own releases, I am not brave enough to break othe people's releases with THAT level of uncertainty happy (you know, the release killing ghost on the web)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-25
18:11:00

Don't let that fear stop you from trying though, practice makes perfect. By using the editing features, you can also uncover things that might be improved, which can help everyone else.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2024-01-26
11:46:22

I added some description at the demo page with some - hopefully - interesting info about the torus knot light source effect... I also encourage my other colleagues to share some technicalities about their contributions in the demo.

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-26
12:09:35

Very good decision @Lavina, I second you. I moved the GIF from the forum's uploads to the regular screenshots' folder, and changed the title of that description referring it to you personally, that should be a pretty nice habit when the text refers to an unpredictable speaker ("...I call this...", a generic user of this site could get confuse about the speaker and think:"Who are you, Mr. 'I call this'?" wink ). Hope to read more about the trackmo itself.

Posted By

LBM
on 2024-01-29
04:04:29

I really like the idea to share descriptions and techniques about various effects. Sometimes need some explanations in order to see real difficulties, which otherwise I would not even think after seeing the resulting smooth effect.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024