10:41:16
 Re: Mental Hangover

Crashed on start...any idea?

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-17
10:48:33

You probably simply dragged the D64 on your YAPE (it works as LOAD"*",8,1) but you need to DLOAD it.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2024-01-20
13:18:49

It was a fun party, thanks to everyone attending for coming to my place happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-20
13:37:21

Huh, am I remembering wrong? In Terror News 29, Unreal (who took over as editor of the mag from Tarzan) wrote this (loosely translated):

There was a party at my place (Unreal), you can read about it in the 6th part of SCN News! Also, there was a cool party demo created with super code and gfx! Oh yeah, it's called Mental Hangover!

So... I went to check what SCN News 6 says... Uh-oh:

Recently there was a small party here, at Radula's place [...]

Heh, I must be missing something grin Who actually hosted it?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2024-01-21
02:36:40

Maybe they went party-place crawling. grin

Posted By

Lavina
on 2024-01-21
05:44:53

This demo was made mostly at my place, I think that Unreal talks about another small party at his place and then about this party where the demo was made at Mátészalka. I'm sure that some part have some scroll texts in this demo mentioning that we are at my place. wink I remember Kiki coding the Superteam burning fuse in my room using my old Orion B&W TV happy) That said, he should be listed as creator "code by", not additional graphics... I was the one who animated the fuse I think, and he coded it.

Also TLC complained for years after this party that he managed to get to me from Dombóvár and it was such a long trip that he spent more time traveling than actually being there at the party...

Actually, not every participants (content wise) were present at the party. I remember coming to the railway station to receive the GOTU members from Budapest, but I would not tell now, who was present and who were the ones just working for the demo from afar... I'm sure that together with the others it can be clarified.

Actually I hosted only two mentionalbe parties at my place in Mátészalka, this one and the one with Crown for doing Five Magics

Of course there were many meetings at my place with the guys from Mátészalka, mainly UTG and GOTU members.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2024-01-21
09:00:22

These are really interesting pieces of history! Where's the "Author's Comments" write up on the Mental Hangover page? happy I mean, sure, it's now immortalized here, but I think a lot of folks would be happy to read about how these party demos were made (or... any other products really, games, demos, utilities, whatever).

Posted By

TLC
on 2024-01-21
19:01:54

@Lavina wouldn't call that complaining, at least I never meant to, you see... happy It was a great party and I was very happy to meet you guys there happy . Yeah, travelling turned out to be somewhat a challenge... but... I mean other than the adventure factor... who cared?... grin

Posted By

Unreal
on 2024-01-22
08:54:08

Hi all

Ok we need to fill a clean water into the glass grin The Party was started at Lavina's home i clearly remember that, also with Kiki - Lavina said the same earlier - who coded some parts and he has great ideas as look like, but we can't finish the whole demo this time, and we made an afterparty where finish the whole megademo, at my home (Debrecen) we finished the game over part and the airplane one with stars, coded by Freddy Of Gotu. So i remember at my place some members of Scorpions, Steve, Radula, Tmts, maybe Foozy? and Freddy / Gotu.

Also a coverdiskette also made at the first place at Mateszalka / Lavina's home - there is a monster with Party text, i didnt know, but i think also uploaded to p4world...

Csabo: I think SCN News 06 , wrote about the Justice For All, what made at Radula's home.. dont mix with this. I think the Justice for All's monster Graphic was made at Lavina's home but why publisehd to the Justice for all demo?? hmm...i need to think..

Posted By

LBM
on 2024-01-22
10:58:10

I'm jealous of your ability to remember such detailed information. Unfortunately I can only recall the overall feeling of these parties, not the specific details.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2024-01-22
12:25:14

Yeah these 90's parties and the whole vibe just kicked mayor b*tt! Everybody was happy to get together IRL. Remember, no Internet, just Snail Mail and parties. happy

About what Unreal mentioned, yeah, now that I think about it, it makes sense... I remembered that not all the content was made at my place for the demo but somehow I forgot (or did not know) how exactly was the demo finished...

Let's take Party in Eger: We gathered at Csabo's place but GOTU members from Budapest took some ready gfx with them and also after the party some more content was added...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024