Code Type:Machine code
Distribution:Freeware
Bombtank Screenshot

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-03
04:28:54
 Re: Bombtank

Great comeback on bigger projects Haegar! Nice to see you coding again with a certain assiduity!

Bombtank or BombTank?

About your description notes: on YAPE, activating the SIDcard, you also activate "silently" the 3rd joystick, I think the emulator automatically maps it with what you have attached at that moment, @Gaia please add your influential voice to this assertion.

I guess it would be better to turn "INSTRUCTION" to its plural "INSTRUCTIONS". Under the BT WOJ option, there's a cyan option which seems to be a future working choice, what is that?

I also guess you're playing the music by @5tarbuck without including the volume control subroutine at $1006. Both your interrupt calls in the intro and the game, look like:

LDA $FF09
STA $FF09
STA $FF3F
JSR $1003
STA $FF3E
INC $FF09

$FF09 should be your prefer TED register, seen how many times you tickle it grin Also, why switching RAM/ROM if the music doesn't touch anything in the >$7FFF memory? I would expect more something like:

INC $FF09
JSR $1003
JSR $1006

dunno if those were your real intentions, maybe give it a try.

Posted By

Haegar
on 2024-01-03
07:09:00

As I said, it hasn't been completely finished yet, the deadline was actually December 31st, 2023, but has now been pushed back to March 31st..

Unfortunately, many things in the game are not programmed quite optimally. I forgot a lot of things, but I'm actually glad that I managed to get it the way it is now. I will use the time to finally finish and optimize the game.

This will be the BT MMHV - bombtank massive multiplayer hectic version, with up to 12 players at the same time.

Thanks for the tip with the volume control subroutine at $1006. Yes, and I will tackle the MMHV next. Now I have to repair the WOJ first, something has come loose on the cable.

If anyone still finds bucks or has suggestions for improvement, please feel free to get in touch.

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-01-03
07:23:11

@Haegar yes, we changed the deadline too hours ago, when we've read the FB post.

12 players!! :O

Counterorder about the music! 5tarbuck said that it plays correct, and I verified that there's no second call at $1006 to imnplement in his case! Sssso, you only need:
INC $FF09
JSR $1003

Posted By

MMS
on 2024-04-01
07:16:02

I really like the concept and the audiovisuals of the game. It sounds and looks fantastic!

Though I have to admit, I have some troubles starting and controlling the game.
Maybe my keyboard setting. I've just switched off my SID Card emulation.
Anyone else have the same issue, or just me?

Would be great to add some instructions what to do and with what happy

-On the first screen I can pass though with JOY1 selection.
-On the instruction page no joystick is no use, but SPACE and ESC
-During the game I could not get the Player 2 to move with JOY2 settings, even setting the fire to normal keys

On the gameplay: nice to have soo many players.
The time seems to be a little limited. But maybe it is just me, I like the longer, more tactical gameplay.

Posted By

Haegar
on 2024-04-02
04:44:53

First of all, thank you for the praise.

I was also thinking about explaining the controls in more detail before the game starts.

I haven't had the problem with the Joyport2 yet, neither under Yape or on a real Plus4.

I've also noticed that sometimes the joystick query via the SID card doesn't work properly. I don't know why because it often works correctly.

I had already discussed the playing time extensively. The background is that if you play with 8 or more players, they usually leave relatively quickly and they have to wait until they can play again. If only 2 players are playing, it's obviously different, so a longer playing time would definitely make sense.

Maybe I'll add this later. I also have more ideas like a level editor, let’s see.

Unfortunately, the sound in the small bonus demo on the final disk image was a bit off. The original sound when I play it on Tedzakker sounds better.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024