Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Doug
on 2003-07-31
 Searching for lost treasure

Hi everyone,

The last game I ever did was something for the C64 called 'Nemisis', with the very grand subtitle 'Escape From Euboa' (or something very similar). It was a joint effort between myself an guy called Kevin (can't remember his last name - sorry Kevin!). I sold my rights to British Software, and am pretty sure that it only ever saw the light of day in Germany. I've scoured the web looking for it, and have had no luck in locating it. Has anyone seen it out there? Or better yet, got a cracked image? I'd love to fire it up on a C64 emulator! All pointers and tips gratefully received.

Cheers,

Doug Turner.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-07-31
 Re: Searching for lost treasure

Two questions: the first one is the name. Was it spelled 'Nemisis' instead of 'Nemesis' on purpose? What does it mean? (Webster doesn't have the word Nemisis.)

Second: what type of game was it? Shoot'em up? Adventure? Or something completely different?

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-07-31

There was a reference to a game called 'Nemesis' in Fingers Malone when you completed a particular level...

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-07-31

Ok, I've found this: ftp://arnold.c64.org/pub/games/n/nemesi.zip, which is also on this: ftp://arnold.c64.org/pub/games/blast/blast039.zip.

However, there's no credits on it.

Is this the right one?

Posted By

Doug
on 2003-08-01

Forgive my cr*p spelling - it should have been Nemesis.

It was a two parter - level 1 (my bit) involved flying a mini sub around flooded caves,
blasting anything that moved, and avoiding zappers. You had to locate an atom bomb
that was about to go off, and blow it up. Then you had to find the exit. This was all
against the clock. When you got level 2 you discovered that you mini sub also doubled
up as a flying machine, and off you went zooming over the ground (in psuedo 3d),
again blasting everything that came your way. The ultimate destination was to destroy
a big nasty at the end. This second level was done by Kevin.

I've found a few links for people selling original tapes:

http://www.sintech-shop.de/c-64_c64_software_tape_n-o.htm http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/html/c64_cassette.htm

but no-one seems to have cracked it , and being tight, I'd sooner not pay for my own work!

Cheers,

Doug

Posted By

Crown
on 2003-08-01

You should try the forum on the Lemon64 site, they are more C64 oriented. Even if nobody has the game there, it would be put up on the wanted list of many of the archive owners, so the chances of actually finding it could be improved.

Posted By

Doug
on 2003-08-01

Ulysses777 - thanks for looking, but that sure isn't it!!

nem·e·sis ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nm-ss)
n. pl. nem·e·ses (-sz)
A source of harm or ruin: Uncritical trust is my nemesis.
Retributive justice in its execution or outcome: To follow the proposed course of action is to invite nemesis.
An opponent that cannot be beaten or overcome.
One that inflicts retribution or vengeance.
Nemesis Greek Mythology. The goddess of retributive justice or vengeance.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-08-01

>Ulysses777 - thanks for looking, but that sure isn't it!!

:/

Are you sure? What you're describing almost exactly matches that game! happy

Level 1:

Level 2:

BTW, the nemesi.zip crashes after the first level, try the blast039.zip version happy

Posted By

Doug
on 2003-08-01

Ulysses777 - you are a total star happy happy happy
That's my baby!

I'll double check what I did before - I got some graphical adventure.

Many many thanks!!!!

Doug

Posted By

Doug
on 2003-08-01

Sigh - just been playing it on VICE - funny, it looks really awful now. That's what you get for rushing it out I suppose, and that game was _really_ rushed out! My memory was playing tricks on me regarding its quality... oh well!

Doug

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-08-01

Ok, and now let's start converting it for +4 happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-08-01

This has to be the best topic of all time! Was a joy to read happy

Glad you're happy Doug and well done Ulysses777! happy