Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-07-29
12:51:34
 Re: ÁROK 2023

Well, from my side there was a huge clap and very good ranks to every Arok +4 releases!
I was honored to meet some of my childhood heroes happy

But life is complex, especially if you are a new guy at a big company, and a serious audit comes, and customer is pushing you every day. You go home, and then you need to take care of teenager alone.
So after Arok I fell into the void, and now I am waiting to recover next week when my vacation starts. Next week I will go back to Krakow, where I demonstated few years back the Plus/4 graphics capabilities to an bigger audiance, nice memories happy (well, I do not know, how much they enjoyed it, I expected a completely different audience, so I had 2 or 3 beers before that presentation LOL )

So I do not know how much it was visible, but it was great to be there and I was very happy to see so many fantastic +4 releases. Certainly after 1:00AM I was not completely fresh; we are not teenagers any more...

Back to CSDB offer: well, it is a really good news! It was not like that in the past...
Few years back I sent my gfx to a Polish demo party after a request I got on Ha!wangarda festival (Asterix HFLI), and ranked somethink "last" as usual happy , but anyhow the organisers tried to upload my release to CSDB, and the admins refused it, as they told "CSDB is stricktly a C64 / C128 site, no exeptions!". So we could not do anything, but accepted the admin's decision.
I am happy that something changed there too, showing some respect towards our platform. We are a big 8 bit C= family with similar roots, right? Even our "father figure" Bil designed the C128 too LOL.

Well, about the other matters mentioned before. Maybe you notice, that during Facebook conversations I always try to advertize our "Plus/4 World" "bible", try to pull some ppl into our deep rabbit hole. Referring to forum topics (with links), linking out best games and demos (Toplist), advertizing YAPE as a main amulator, they can try out our latest releases, check out how SID or DIGIMUZ sounds on Plus/4, show some pictures done on our platform, so to check out our newer or older releases.
My aim is to increase the number of active and enthusiast ppl, even if they do not own the physical hardware. (there are great tools, including LUMYDCTT to develop something new and nice on this platform)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024