Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-07-27
19:43:27
 Re: ÁROK 2023

Somehow I have the feeling that the Plus4 scene does not appreciate the new releases as much as the rest of the 8 bit scene... Looking at (comparing) the ratings and feedback here at P4W and the rest of the Internet (YT, FB, Pouet, etc...)

Also, CSDB.dk offered to host Plus4 content. They seem to be much more interested - and appreciative - in the recent activity of our scene than the remainder of the Plus4 scene itself... Which is quite strange. :-/

I really endorse their idea. What do YOU think? Maybe we got a bit too much inbreed?? Which is my feeling, frankly.

I mean, come on!!!!! Lemmings on Commodore Plus4?? No real talk about it at all. MuffBusters releasing new content with us and Resource guys coding for our new trackmo?? It's like a dream come true for me, personally. But the scene: mainly silent (ignorant??). Why is that? Greed? Exhaustion from life's more important things?? What can be more important than the core of our interest dating far back to our childhood? I remember the title of the revolutionary demo from Bubis back then called Heartfixer... Maybe it has got even more actuality than ever, because I do remember the feelings while I was watching it... And yes, I wanted to write a lightsource effect ever since and now I did it.

I feel a bit let down by the audience, I really encouraged the participants of the False Idols project to come along with me on this road but in the end no real appreciation from our scene ... Not even a "real" news item here, only a composite news from the party. But when someone scans a 40 yrs old cassette cover, it's big news. A 5 yrs long work from fellow sceners that gets to the focus of the entire retroscene does not worth mentioning.... So somehow I feel like I betrayed them (or let them down) a bit for contributing to “my” dream project.

Again, luckily much more appreciation from outside our scene... I sincerely hope that whatever causes this silence in the minds and hearts of our fellow sceners will eventually be fixed for their own sake.

Huge thanks to everyone who showed their appreciation for the releases of the Arok Party this year! These releases were made for you!

Also, megathanks to those who came to the party (partly or mainly because of my invitation/encouragement), it was an enormous joy to meet you fellow oldschool sceners once more! I love you all!

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I will not contribute to any possible future CD projects. For me only S31 projects exist any more on this scene.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024