Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-04-26
03:47:05
 Re: ICPUG Commodore Libaries

@shoulder, @[Chris I had a look at the impressive ICPUG collection you've assemblerd and archived: great job, guys! We're gonna preservate an untold story there! Clearly, we all would need an overall participation in order to archive all that material, and to begin I would say: we need a bit of background of the whole scenario.

Tell me if I got that: ICPUG as a long lasting UK based user group, was used to collect users' programs contributions and pack up some thematic disk to be spread to them, and the USA disks included are *actually* disks of collections coming from overseas. This would mean that the librarian in-charge at that given time, had to distribute those disks too, in addition to the regular ones.

Is that right, roughly? A question about Michael Kaszubski for TED Users Group (ex C16/+4 Users Group): is he from USA too? Is the TED User Group an USA based one?

The last newsletter's issue we have available as PDF here is ICPUG Newsletter Vol 10 No 1. Reading into it at page 80, the Plus/4 librarian writes: "The Plus/4 library now boasts 10 disks: Utilities, Games, Other, Financial, Mostlymath, American1, American2, American3, American4". Ok, apart the fact that they actuallty are 9 disks instead, does it mean that the so called "disks" originally did include several disks named, e. g., Games1 Games2 Games3, under the usual title of "Games"?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024