Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Patrick
on 2023-04-16
05:42:18
 Hcc-meeting 15-04-23

15 April we did meet again at the Hcc-meeting in Maarssen! We tried to check out all the new software, but the day was too short. thanks you all, who still produce soft and hardware for our beloved machines!
We also played around with a Trojan Lightpen. The result was that we get it working, but the quality was soo bad that we stopped. Is there any good software for the lightpen? The software that came with the pen is rubbish!
We (retroshire and i) hope that one day more c16/+4 users will show up.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-04-16
09:08:33
 Re: Hcc-meeting 15-04-23

These pictures look awesome, it breaks my heart that I can't go happy Would have love to hang out for a while. Awesome gear BTW! Thank you so much for posting it, just looking at them brightened my day.

As far as lightpen - I think you experience was pretty typical. I don't know of any software that seriously supports lightpens.

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-04-16
09:30:02

It looks like an awesome day surrounded by several most beloved black boxes! More of these day!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2023-04-16
12:26:01

That Cola can looked dangerous... wink Seriously, I'm sure it was a nice event, I have fond memories of the Maarssen meetings, I hope I can attend again once...

As per the lightpen: was it a user port or a jostick port lightpen? I seem to recall that the user port one is better but I'm not sure. Unfortunately the plus/4 has no hardware IRQ for lightpens, so you have to poll the pen manually from SW... which makes it sluggish like hell.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-04-16
14:13:21

Yeah I remember using mine only once, while testing it. it works but it's no good for anything practical.

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-04-16
17:42:14

Cool machines & screens! happy
I've never seen a can of coke the same size as a beer can!

I also have a Trojan lightpen for C16/Plus4, it goes in the joyport. It's not very accurate and a bit sluggish to use. And yeah the software is meh. More a novelty item that collects dust. grin

Maybe a whack a mole game could be a possibility, from what I remember it might be more whack a mole in slow motion...

Posted By

Retroshire
on 2023-04-17
06:44:44

As young fifty Hobbits Patrick and I were glad to have Bilbo Hans Kessels at the scene floor in Maarssen. He provided a stock CPU in Plus/4 case, so we managed to test Metapharstic 80% on it. Result: this demo runs well with stock CPU, but not on the machines with replacement CPU (neither FPGA nor 6502 based). We hope the replacement CPU's receive a revision (probably with regard to the illegal opcodes?)

Nice to be in Maarssen, hope to meet you all over there next time....Saturday June 17th 2023

By the way: remark the excellent SID cards, Pi1541 and Unjoysticle 2 with bluethooth controllers.

My wish is to play around with wifi modem userport card next time.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024