Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-03-16
08:20:03
 Re: [Wanted] A thread where to ask about missing stuff

Apparently, all the known tape copies of European Soccer Finals simply don't work on Commodore 16 (yes, they work on Plus/4) from what I've seen via emulators only (have to check at home, transferring the TAPs on real tapes and having some tests): all the copies of Sports 4, Power Pack (Anco) and Kingsoft Sport Show crash in the animated intro after the selection of the team(s).

Once I save an extrapolated .PRG file of the infamous intro, it doesn't work on YAPE but works on any other emulator. The Power Pack (Anco), which includes a revision of the early intro, again doesn't work on YAPE but works on any other emulator.

My guess is that both versions (Kingsoft Sport Show == Sports 4) were broken for C16 and YAPE is the most reliable among the emulators. Even the Italian crack called Sport 4 (yes, an S is missing there) doesn't work either, reiterating the existence of an original bug.
Is there somebody here who's a lucky owner of a compilation including European Soccer Finals and an active C16, in order to have an ultimate test on this?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024