Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-03-14
09:32:59
 Sumplete!

Sumplete screenshotA game invented and coded by ChatGPT? It sure says so! We have to jump on this bandwagon quick, we're gonna make millions!...

Or, at the very least, we shall have a small new math-based puzzle game for Commodore Plus/4. Meet Sumplete, a somewhat Sudoku-like puzzle game. Your task is to delete numbers, so that the rows/columns add up to the sums displayed on the right/bottom. It might be a fun distraction for a few rounds. Enjoy!

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-03-14
09:32:59
 Re: Sumplete!

Sumplete is super fun, but what intrigues me is the ChatGPT story: discussions about AI, copyrights, job's identity mutations, art and a lot more are the main argument in several environment I'm involved into, and the story behind this could easily be a new tile to add to the entire mosaic.

Posted By

dLst
on 2023-03-14
11:30:56

I love this game. It's very releaxing and easy handling. Thx. I have problem, because I don't hear Csabo's HQ music sad Can you update with a music box version? wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-03-14
11:37:35

Well, as it turned out, the game was not invented by ChatGPT. Or rather, this game already exists with other names (see here). Nevertheless, the fact that it coded a working version of the game in JavaScript is pretty mind-boggling.

Could it code the Plus/4 version? happy

dLst: hah, the thing is, usually when I get asked to write music, I inquire about the game's theme and "feel" to try and come up with some inspiration. For this game... I feel nothing, as it doesn't really have (or need) music. If anything, I'd imagine something super quiet and ambient (Waiting for Cousteau, anyone?), which is very hard to do with two square-wave channels wink

Posted By

dLst
on 2023-03-14
11:41:10

@Csabo, you're totaly right ... just I noted for fun wink thx

Posted By

Lacus
on 2023-03-14
14:10:27

My daughter likes it very much!

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-03-14
15:21:48

Nice!

Posted By

Sirhadisen
on 2023-03-14
17:00:29

Whoa, good job in such a short time! When I think about me coding a yahtzee game for 10 months XD. You must have accumulated some libraries for the basic effects and character design? It's fun. If you like to add some graphics, you might add a big Totoro-like creature that is about to swallow the square wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-03-14
17:04:49

This game took two evenings to write - from scratch. Although, as you said, I do use my own "libraries" for keyboard handling and random number generation. These were already available from my previous games. The full source code has been released, feel free to take a look (and use the libraries, if you find them useful).

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-03-15
03:54:02

We're now streaming on Twitch a large discussion about AIs starting from this game and reading and commenting live the article linked by Csabo (which I would have added to the game's entry itself).

Posted By

George
on 2023-03-15
06:50:20

great work, Csabo.

I had great successes with c# with chatgpt. But it struggles with Basic 3.5. I tried to give him some links to documentations, but does not seem to work. Its confused with other Basic dialects..

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2023-03-19
16:24:50

I was most curious about random number generator, because formerly csabo said to me how they make random numbers and he mentioned vertical($FF1D) and horizontal($FF1E) raster (TED) registers combined by something else (eg. 1st counter), so he was right! happy ...+ all sorts of RaNDom arithmetical operations... happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024