Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-01-31
10:46:34
 Lost MX Stuff!

Prototype screenshotUnreal was digging through his old diskettes, and lo and behold, some program worth preserving have turned up! Three new/old releases have been added to our database:

* Lotus is a graphic by Unreal, a recreation of the yellow FerrariEspirit from Lotus Turbo Challenge 2.
* Metapharstic 1997 is yet another version of the trackmo that eventually got released in 2003. It's Beast's last demo, and he intended it to be absolutely top-notch. For demo scene members, it will be very interesting to see "new" parts that didn't make the final cut, and to ponder the long development time and interesting process this production went through.
* Finally Prototype is a game... prototype :-) An unfinished horizontal scrolling shooter, more like a tech-demo, but worth preserving nonetheless. Unreal dug up another unreleased converted intro, and these two linked together are now yours to enjoy!

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-01-31
10:46:34
 Re: Lost MX Stuff!

Happy to see Beast and Unreal collaborating in 2023 in order to empty and resolve that big bunch of disks saved and stored years ago by Unreal, still full of WIP bitmaps, internal usage tools and half baked effects. I remember that I did start the "UUUU" series of releases – including Myth, Ice-Age, Future Wars... – exactly to move things toward that direction.

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-02-01
07:29:55

Loving the Lotus Elan image, add that to MAD's CarTeD and we are half way to having Lotus 2 on Plus/4. grin

Posted By

siz
on 2023-02-01
07:41:10

I'm pretty sure it's an Esprit wink

edit: looking at it again I'm not so sure anymore.

Posted By

MMS
on 2023-02-01
20:21:42

Wow, that Lotus looks great!
I was also so impressed by the program I tried to draw my Lotus, but the red one.

My picture just proves, how great talents Unreal has happy
I am sure my version does not look as a Lotus any more...

Later I noticed how different (and so simple) my version is, even compared to C64.
But at least the color was nicer happy
Left one is mine made in ~1991, the right one is from the C64 game:

Posted By

orion70
on 2023-02-02
08:56:59

Wow, Prototype should be finished, looks so promising! happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-02-02
15:37:22

To who ever added the notes to the Lotus image and...
@siz You were right to not be sure... Have a look at the box cover over at Lemon Amiga, (scroll down to the middle and look on the right side of the page). That image of a real Elan has black around the windscreen, soft top convertible. There is also a difference in the lights between the Elan and Esprit. The Esprit is fully colour coded around the windscreen and into the roof.
Link: https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/details.php?id=702

@MMS Your Esprit does the job perfectly on it's own and you would not question it. When side by side with the C64 one you could say yours looks more like the James Bond submarine version but I can still see it's a V8. Still cool though! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024