Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-12-30
13:25:29
 "Stamps Back" première

Few minutes ago, the première show of the documentary "Stamps Back" (HU) has been launched, and should be available with subtitles after the end of the première itself.

"Stamps Back" is the 5th documentary of the Vakondók series, and talks about the story of the birth of the Hungarian home computer scene back in the '80s behind the Iron Curtain. Smuggled in C64s, cracked games, swappers, diskmags, hacked phone lines to American BBS servers, demoscene, copy parties.

Posted By

Verona
on 2022-12-30
15:41:13
 Re: "Stamps Back" première

Yeah, It's ended now. And I already send the link! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-12-30
15:53:20

Didn't I say this? Featuring Ko-Ko Ern0 Boomby and many other Plussiers!

EDIT: a glimpse in a moment of frantic montage, which production signed by The Mad could it be?

Posted By

zzarko
on 2023-01-04
05:55:49

I just watched it, great documentary. Here, someone mentions converting many C64 games to Plus/4 back in the day:

https://youtu.be/YUqn1OPxtmE?t=3103

Is it someone active here? Is there a list of converted games?

Posted By

siz
on 2023-01-04
06:21:15

It's Mucsi. Unfortunately he didn't share all of his "hundreds of converted games" with us.

(Yeah, I know: he did a lot but hundreds of them seems a bit exaggerated)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-01-04
08:12:34

Under Features, you can find the list of Plus/4 sceners who appeared in the video, with a timestamp to their first appearance.

Posted By

Pigmy
on 2023-01-06
14:23:36

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-01-04
10:45:41

Hey, nice to see you around, Pigmy happy Yeah, Mucsi's interview definitely had some hyperboles. I assume it's the "viewing-the-past-through-rose-tinted-glasses" effect, or you know how people say "Nobody uses aol.com anymore!" (which is "true", even though they have over a million paid subscribers :-/) But I digress.

We, the plussy sceners are the lucky ones to have had both of you on the scene happy You won't find anyone who doesn't know that Pigmy is "a national hero" grin

Now let me steer back the conversation to that screenshot above that Luca spotted, as I finally made a connection: that looks like Boszorkány!

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-01-04
11:28:47

Wooow, really? Is it THAT game? :o Actually the weird deformed picture of which we could only have a glimpe looks like a possible modified conversion of the intro picture of "Cauldron II" from C64. I messaged Vilmos Molnár in order to know more, if possible.

"Stamps Back" gives me the chance to post again that old video with Jeva Boomby and the super duper moustached Brazil! grin

EDIT: aaand Vilmos Molnár wrote back, confirmig that that actually is the bitmap for Boszorkány, but he disproved in part my assumption because he barely remember it was genuinely drawn by The Mad. He also added that, after the publishing of an article about Novotrade, he has found a man whom Willi actually actually copied the game, who's also famous to be the man who preserves all the possible programs spread in the choccies' times. Do we have a hope to see that game back?

Posted By

Molnár, Vilmos
on 2023-01-04
12:22:19

Hi Luca, as we discussed, your post on 2022-12-30 15:53:20 with that pic by MAD (Attila Kosir) could be an interesting story. This graphics by MAD is very similar to my lost game (Boszorkány, you can find it in the database hereby, at least the head of the contract). But I can't assure, that this pic (part of a pic) belongs to the related game 'Boszorkany'. It was a long time ago and we can't see the whole graphics on this screenshot. Mad made a lot of graphics and games that time. I'll look for the man who collected the games that time. I've seen a pic of him somewhere on the internet regarding the game development by Novotrade, I hope he is the man I'm looking for. happy Best regards: Willi

Posted By

Pigmy
on 2023-01-06
14:24:36

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-01-04
14:44:13

I really wish the whole Plus/4 section of the documentary would have been longer, and/or they would have contacted more people (like yourself) to have a say. I wonder what the selection process was, and how/why they settled on him.

Posted By

Pigmy
on 2023-01-06
14:24:02

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-01-05
02:38:50

I would have easily expected that the Plus/4 part would have been a short passage into the whole story – which, we can fairly say, it's a very well told one, loved the documentary! – but to be honest I imagined that the Plus/4 role in the evolution of the digital era in Hungary, and in particular during the choccie weekly sessions, has been way larger than they presented, mostly due to the diffusion of this machine into the secondary schools; I also imagined that the C64 would have prevailed in a later time right after the dissolution of the Soviet Block due economics and availability.

In general, a more-than-2-hours documentary needs to have a story with some "romanced and emotive exaggerations" here and there to keep as much as pulsating and passionate the whole tale, and probably Mucsi has given his own contribute to this cause happy The Plus/4 side story has to be told yet, and I bet there is so much material to place on field, e. g. I would call "to the arms" ppl like TGMS who has already shown to be friendly inclined to spend his precious memories about that argument.
Oooh btw, into my imaginary Plus/4 related documentary, I would also like to invite Reddi to ask him where are gone those promised already done games for which I payed heavy money grin

Posted By

Unreal
on 2023-01-05
05:05:39

We have a fucking part to Reddi, maybe we are release if its need! grin I sent him a tons of images , charsets to his superbased no ever release games grin

Posted By

Pigmy
on 2023-01-06
14:24:23

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-01-05
04:50:20

@Unreal: that is the demo I was waiting foooor! grin

@Pigmy: heh yes, tried to play some diplomacy here grin

Posted By

Pigmy
on 2023-01-06
14:25:03

Posted By

Lavina
on 2023-01-05
05:11:27

@LUCA , I would say that the Commodore +4 was introduced to the primary schools, that was where it made the bigger impact. At least this was the way I felt and saw it. happy

Posted By

Pigmy
on 2023-01-06
14:24:10

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-01-05
06:52:56

@Lavina aah :o I knew about C16 to the primary schools and Plus/4 to the secondary schools, I was wrong then... Because of that, I got that this fantastic infographics ahead of its time had been dedicated for the higher ones.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024