Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-07-07
10:33:57
 Formula 1 Simulator might be Silverstone in disguise?

Formula 1 Simulator was "game of the day" yesterday. Having a nose at the games page I was reminded of Csabo's excellent map of the course. It's something I've looked at a number of times in the past including the Fuji map below it which has been used as a comparison. I never questioned if it was Fuji or not but today I noticed there was something Silverstone about Csabo's map...

From messing about, if you mirror reverse an image of what Silverstone looked like in the early 1980's it kinda looks like Csabo's map. I have put them side by side below.

What do you guys think? Could it be a Mirror Reversed Silverstone?

Posted By

Mad
on 2022-07-07
19:44:56
 Re: Formula 1 Simulator might be Silverstone in disguise?

I really dunno how Csabo was able to extract that map.. It's a bit baffling that it really resembles an almost round course.. grin

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-07-07
20:23:46

There's a detailed write-up of it here happy

This was fun to re-read since I forgotten most of it as it was written... 9 years ago? My gosh, how time flies!

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-07-08
01:53:33

Great previous post from yesteryear via the above link Csabo!!! I think it's worthy of being added to the games page, part of the maps history. wink

And how did I miss that post first time around??? Thanks for digging it out, it was awesome to see how your map was made! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024