Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-04-08
17:46:17
 ScottyAnimation developing a BASIC game

ScottyAnimation (a developer/YouTuber) is developing a BASIC game for the C16/Plus4. The only reason I'm mentioning is because I saw some familiar names when he held up a printout, see the video (timestamped):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7XP0602IOo&t=224s

The code is from the encyclopedia, it's by @MSS / @gerliczer / @George. Looks like it was useful for someone happy

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2022-04-09
01:31:15
 Re: ScottyAnimation developing a BASIC game

grin (thumbsup)

Posted By

George
on 2022-04-09
08:01:34

Great that somebody actually used this code.
I remember we developed it for a concept of an Basic-Adventure, where Bitmap can be placed on screen with character precision.

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-04-09
09:38:37

George I feel some Takuo Noda's charades into that gfx, anything related to Toei's "Captain Future" anime is absolutely well come happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2022-04-09
11:21:37

Wow, great! I remember how exciting was to use rather fast kernel codes for something though to be too slow for BASIC.
George wrote a really great story, but for the starter screen we wanted the Captain Future music (also we had some concerns on copyright), but it was beyond our skills, and also there were some discussions on the gfx style.after that we created the routine to able to load any code to any place without BASIC restart (I remember it was a long discussion point at an other adventure game) and later George showed me how to convert a MIDI to SID with the help of Hermit tools.but i had no clue how to transfer it to TED, TLC's routine did not work well for me.

Actually with our today knowledge we could continue it, but both of us have new focuses: i do petsciis and some other new conversions, while George became focused and really sucessful in creating 3d routines on different platforms, not to mention experimenting his great SGI machine.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024