Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Thomas
on 2022-01-11
19:46:05
 Grand Master Kingsoft TAP

Hi everyone,

i randomly stumbled around the site for relaxation (doing that from time to time when I'm too tired for anything grin ), tried to play some of my old games online for fun, and saw that the "Grand Master" page says: "WANTED: TAP file (Kingsoft version)."

Well, it's from the "Plus-Paket", but I guess it qualifies as Kingsoft TAP:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0knap9kiuyksztv/AABemn_CtU_-XbkeTDUO6qfta?dl=0

Recorded myself from the original tape. The file date/time says 2003-02-03, 1:34.

Best regards,
Tom

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-01-12
02:09:39
 Re: Grand Master Kingsoft TAP

Thank you for your contribution, Thomas, truly appreciated, that tape file was one of the older MIA about a classic C16 game. I'm gonna upload as normal (aka Kingsoft) version, but have to ask the help to the most experienced RĂ¼diger: @Rudiger, is the Plus-Paket 16 version of the game the same tape of the single release, with the same turbo?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-01-12
08:57:17

Seconded, thank you so much for taking the time and contributing this. There's lots of "WANTED" stuff in the database, any time I mark something as such I feel like it's an impossibly long shot that someone will find it... Love to be proven wrong happy

Posted By

George
on 2022-01-12
13:34:20

Csabo You could make a seperate page where all missing software-entries are listed.

Posted By

Thomas
on 2022-01-12
18:09:39

That would indeed be a great help. happy But probably lots of work?

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-01-12
18:16:32

@Thomas: meanwhile, you only need to search for the usual tag we place in the notes for wanted missing stuff ("WANTED: "), to obtain a research like THIS, as an example.

Posted By

Thomas
on 2022-01-12
18:38:31

Perfect, thx! :-)

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-01-13
00:52:56

Wanted: Time Machine

1986 would be a good year. grin

Posted By

RĂ¼diger
on 2022-01-15
06:46:52

Sorry, just saw this thread now...

The Grand Master TAP is the same on the Single Release and on the Plus Paket.

But there are different versions (very old!), there the copyright year was not changed from 1982 to 1985, and there are also versions that do not run on the Plus/4 (or you set the POKE before loading).

Grandmaster was almost exclusively sold in the Plus Paket, the single releases are very rare.

There is also a variant of the Audiogenic Version without Fastload and with Graphic Bug on Plus/4.

At some point I will draw TAPs from all possible variants, but Luca will curse the day today if he is allowed to sort everything ...

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-01-15
07:44:46

Oh my...what I've just done grin

Given that the version with the instructions' intro screen looks like a hack, at the moment we know and reported:

"There are (at least) two version of Grand Master:
- Audiogenic version: "1982" is displayed on screen, this version has no sound.
- Kingsoft version: "1985" is displayed on screen, has sound".

The two versions differ on cassette by the turbo, so if an alternative Audiogenic version with no turbo will emerge...oh well, it's just +1 happy

Posted By

Thomas
on 2022-01-16
12:42:10

I'm upset. It beats me on default difficulty. grin

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024