Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-12-27
12:41:00
 Re: Defiance!

Stunning game for casual plays on every 264 machine! Being a straight answerback to a classic vapourware game it's an important ethic plus, which makes it shine even more. The limited usage of the machine time for the game's logics has been the perfect carpet where to deploy this bomb-of-a-music, and the little time of developing is the final signature for an incredibly productive year for Csabo!

Useless to remember how the super-tune "makes memorable" this release, so I watched what approximately happens on the video while the HVTC entry plays. Clearly, it's the apex of a long research about it, passing from the AY addon stuff, thru the occasional digi demos – which now reveal their reason to be there – and the past TED+digi releases like UWOL to say one. What I wonder to understand due to my limited knowledge about coding, is this: take one single (or some, depending by the memory and the suitable range of playback speed) sawtooth wave(s) to play and modulate, and play it just like you would play a voice in a waveconverter, but you can "slice it" along all the rastertime of a single frame; said that, you got enabled to play a limited range of "notes" for the same sawtooth wave, changing the playback time little enough to stay into the approx. time of the TED notes. I am sure there are dozens of little optimizations there which can be immediately seen if not spotted out from the code, especially about the general volume, but I imagined the basic idea like this.

My bad, absolutely my bad: I tested the beta1 version, but was away from home when there was time to test beta2, and now I easily reach the 999 score almost ever – which is what the author would have avoided to happen – also I'm sure it would be a sure goal for many of you, so I officially demand a tournament edition which ignites a time counter once the infamous score of 999 has been reached, in order to continue the challenge on a further level! grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024