Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-05-28
 40 Splits?!

Holy! I just ran across the demo from A-System called To Be Ashamed. Load it up with the latest YAPE!!! What kind of FLI is this?

Also today I finally confirmed that PIT is Armando Blume (from the Movie Chaos II demo)...

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-05-29
 Re: 40 Splits?!

As I see it is mainly the inc $ff06 style fli. So every line is a badline that refreshes the hue values only. Very nice!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-05-29

It is nice indeed. I don't think I've seen an FLI done this way in any other demo. If the colors were animated, it would look even more amazing... wink

Posted By

Bionic
on 2003-06-01

Interesting, I did not know this demo. Actually its a stock hires-FLI with the FLI done every line. Therefore the background color is taken from one attribute array and the foreground color is the same value with nibbles swapped. (or vice versa?) Anyways, you just have control over one color per 8x1 pixels. One could use some nasty tricks to switch the display to B/W and get a hires greyscale display with one foreground and one background level per 8x1 pixels...

There is a more beautiful,moving, FLI-Rastersplit in the german Xmas demo from 1992. Interestingly the demo was not on the net so far. I uploaded it to rulez.org, so it should show up sooner or later.
Its the second part... Also check out the fli plasmas in future world and dream world for some nice fli effects happy

Btw.. The FLI timing still seems to be a bit off in yape..

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-06-02
 Re: Xmas 92

Did you mean this demo? Xmas 92 is from German folks, it's been in our the archives since last December. I've just looked at it, but I didn't see any FLIs in it (altough I had to load it part by part, so I could have missed it...) Or are you talking about an entirely different demo?

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-06-02

Anyway there is no need to generate badline in every line in this demo. It makes an unnecessary limitation! If it would let the second ("automatic") badline to be executed and it would use the two avaiable colors per (in normal case) character than there would be 8x1 size freely colorable "pixels" on the screen.
(Hmmm, my english, probably undertansable. happy)

Posted By

Bionic
on 2003-06-02

csabo: You already answered the question byself wink Of course i meant a different demo. The demo I am speaking of was made by Synergy and TEK...

bubis: True, however the FLI-in-every-line stores every color in a single byte. That simplifies effects like "40 rastersplits" etc.

Posted By

MC
on 2003-06-09

Eh, Yape fails to render the FLI

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-06-09

Yape 0.47 runs it reasonably well, but the last beta you've seen indeed failed. It'because I could not seem to find the common ground for one line of piece of code... Either it failed on FLI or Fatal morph... but never run both. in the latest beta I've made a "common divisor" and Fatal moprh is not perfect anymore but at least all FLI's known to me work well (except a few minor glitches here and there).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024