Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-05-23
13:27:39
 Re: Let's Play (2021 #2)

Love this game, though, being an arcade adventure, it looks like an exotic choice for a game compo...but in the end, yeah, why not? wink Great one, Rachy!
Moreover, the level's graphics as displayed on real hardware on CRT is fantastic, due to hires grid's artifacts in the tiles which make'em look like multicolor.

I write here the same sentence I've written to answer back to Chronos and Ati on a social network (sweet chat indeed, mates, as ever wink ), some days ago: the early game's scene is full of games which sustain a badly balanced score's design, when one comes out with an outstanding score, he probably took advantage of those flaws, and in modern era is what the speedrun gamers do with the contemporary titles.
This is one of those cases, like I did before with titles like Atlantis to say one.

I played it on real hardware, and this is my score: 1514077.

At first, I tried to accumulate points before turning off the very first video, using the upper debated flaw in score's design, but once accumulated around 100,000 points, a surprise has come: turning off a video doesn't give you a fixed score up, but it seems to be decided by some other parameter, maybe the energy left, maybe the accumulated score between touched videos, didn't investigate so deep. Look at this picture after the first and the second videos: turning off them gave me about 300,000 points!

The instructions report the score for any shot enemy, but say nothing about the points related to videos.

Weeeeiiird... surprised

EDIT: to satisfy the curiosity, I tested it on YAPE, and yes: the points given for any video which you turn off depend by an algorithm based on the energy left, and if you do that virtually at zero time, you gain 284,416 points.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024