Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-03-15
17:31:21
 Plus/4 Matters Where Size Matters Too

Jam With TEDThe online party Lovebyte has just closed its doors after a weekend of live show, with its following of about a hundred micro and mini demos running on different machines, a breath of coding skill and fantasy by fantastic sceners. Unexpectedly, it was a well-known character (also) from the Amiga scene who introduced the C16 too, among the platforms involved.

Blueberry has released three entries under the Loonies' label for three different competitions:
- Golden Twinkle is a minidemo competing in the "Combined 64 byte intro" category, where it reached the 10th place;
- TEDhno 8 is a micro demo which has been shown in the "Combined 8 and 16 byte intro showcase"... yes we're talking about 8 bytes, 8 bytes only to perform some entertaining stuff;
- definitely the gem of the trio, Jam With TED has been ranked 7th in the "Nanogame" category, and it's nothing less than a drum machine in only 253 bytes!

Where the size matters, the pros shine brighter! Very well done, Blueberry!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2021-03-15
17:31:21
 Re: Plus/4 Matters Where Size Matters Too

Great stuff!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-03-15
19:33:29

The most fascinating one is the drum machine, but I can't figure out how to work it. Obviously you can't cram a help screen into 256 bytes, and it's near impossible to make this intuitive (since it comes down to writing the TED sound registers directly), but the author really should have included a little note file or something.

Cool stuff though happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-03-16
02:08:29

Csabo you absolutely have a point here, and that's basically the reason for adding the video. But keep training, because the author is currently writing an useful instructions text for it right now wink

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2021-03-16
04:25:32

Hey, this is actually intuitive/fun enough for me to start thinking about TED music! happy
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-03-16
07:58:33

After that comment last night I spend some more time with it and figured everything out. It's not super verbose, but I did add instructions to the program's detail page.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024