Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-11-01
08:47:23
 Re: Endless Summer In ECM Mode

Thank you all for the kind words mates happy Please cast a vote here and on the other sites if you've liked it (actually, vote if you didn't like it, too, vote in general wink ).

First came the effect, derivated from my ECM HUE turning plasma part in Crackers' Demo 5 (apropos, are we that far from CD6?); after a long storing time, I wanted to add some bits of static gfx to it using the same 64 ECM dither chars, so I coded my own ECM gfx editor. The whole stuff has been then put on a hiatus , until the chance of the fitting C64 compo appeared.

The C64 version doesn't have sprites, or vertical border counterplasma or further addons, in order to match the spirit of the compo.
The 264 version fitted within the C16 memory though including both TED converter and music, and this can be possible only thank to TLC's SIDwinder V01.23, because its packer allows to change the SID registers' address for your tune: Mconv V1.6 doesn't work with $FD40 SIDcard music but one can change the SID register address in the source code, and this saves the memory corrupution of a C16 code due writing SID stuff at $1400-$1418. Although the former idea was to have a proper TED tune, the challenge to fulfill the memory and the good playback of the converted SID has moved me to reuse the same for both.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024