Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2020-08-31
08:35:16
 Yape Warp behavior

Since I insist to use our Plus/4 to program happy , I often let the emulator to run at Warp speed. In my current PC it achieves the 9600% of an iron Plus/4.
Well: I notice that during the running the screen fps counter arrives to 103. I wonder if by limiting it, say to 50 or even 25, the emulator could run even faster.
I'm not in so deep knowledge of the Yape code, but maybe Gaia could make the answer?
Thank you!

Posted By

George
on 2020-08-31
08:53:54
 Re: Yape Warp behavior

Funny, last week i sent Gaia a message with the same question. Is there a possibility\settings to run Yape faster.
I get max 2000% in Warp mode.

Another feature i requested, is a possiblitiy to trigger Yape to make a screenshot (F6) from within the emulator by code.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2020-09-01
11:11:05

I guess you're referring to 'Full throttle' mode (which is the equivalent of the warp mode in VICE).

As the name suggests, it's the maximum unlimited speed achievable on a single CPU core. If you limit the FPS it can indeed inch up the maximum full throttle speed % a little more.

Triggering regular screenshots is not possible, you can record a video (which again seems to be broken in new Windows versions will try to fix that if I can but it's a legace Windows API. Or you can use some windows scripting / SW robotics solution.

Posted By

SVS
on 2020-09-01
13:55:34

@Gaia:
thank you for your answers.

>>I guess you're referring to 'Full throttle' mode (which is the equivalent of the warp mode in VICE).
Yes indeed (I supposed the "W" in the ALT-W meant Warp) happy

>>As the name suggests, it's the maximum unlimited speed achievable on a single CPU core. If you limit the FPS it can indeed inch up the maximum full throttle speed % a little more.
When in Full throttle mode it seems that Yape does ignore the fps limit setting, showing in the title bar values far greater.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024