Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-12-30
06:46:22
 New Suite For Classic Games: 2048 Octaluxe

2048 Octaluxe TitlesIn the very last hours of the '10 millennium here come surprises that had been in the pipeline for a long time now.

2048 Octaluxe gives a new twist to its original predecessor 2048, being based on the same source code signed by Csabo/LOD but with the aim of overturning the global style: instead of pursuing a minimal application of the classic logical game, now the will is to put as many features as possible within the limits of the Commodore 16. Luca/FIRE achieves this result, initially starting from the simple need to adjust a small aspect of the gameplay, and finally pointing to a complete distortion of the original game's surprising code, cutting the classy original macros in order to make as much space as possible in the memory.
This "Octagon Deluxe" brand new version features the already named adjusting in the gameplay, fresh new graphics, mixable music and sfx, a storable hiscores table, a tidy titlescreen, a medal system to reward intermediate goals and many more. Works flawlessly on PAL and NTSC systems, on any drive including SD2IEC. All this, works within the 16kB boundaries, due to a raging fight of memory optimization battled on the fields of the stack, and the kernel's driven locations but I/O.

2048 Octaluxe2048 Octaluxe gives the opportunity to mark two premieres. First, this is the first Plus/4 production on disk to show an animated directory. Second and most important one, this is the first release to use a music composed on Knaecketraecker to use a new and debugged player with additional features, which doesn't need to be reloaded anew due to its faulty reinitializing; this wonderful fix bears the signature of none other than Doug, then Luca finished it to make it work.

Let's end the millennium playing a playing a classic game so democratic that it can be played on any 264 series machine, that would be like starting from the past to aim to what the 202Xs will offer to the once forgotten Commodore's black family, unleashing its real power as gaming machine just in the last years. Happy 20...16+4 year!

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2019-12-30
06:46:22
 Re: New Suite For Classic Games: 2048 Octaluxe

Tried it. Nice polish. I don't know if it isn't just my perception but somehow feels slow. Anyway, go Luca, go. Cool prod.

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-12-30
07:00:08

Thank you gerliczer! Yes, that's the little latency I tried to include in order to have more consistency in the moves.

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-12-30
07:55:31

Yeah!! It finally sees the day!! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-12-30
08:40:55

Yes Mad! grin And in the exact day when I've received my copy of Alpharay! Coincidences? Mmmh, I don't think so... grin

Posted By

Patrick
on 2019-12-30
09:26:24

and where do i find the time to test and play all those new releases??

thanks luca and all the other guys for a fantastic c16/+4 year!

proud to be part of our little scene!!

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-12-30
11:37:17

Congrats Luca!

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-12-30
11:44:26

Thank you Charlemagne, it has been a big fun vhallenging the limits of C16 memory wink

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-12-31
19:28:03

Nice game! Thank you for this polished release! (especially the possibility to save highscores, it was missing from AAA games too in the past)

I tested it with my daugther, unfortunately we could not win it (yet), but will keep trying. happy

The Hall of Fame does not contain yet the game, so I follow Charlemagne, and upload here our (to too) high score happy

PS (BTW it is really hard to imagine the challenges in the 80s, how hard could be to pack fine and complex games into 16K, "millions" of ppl want to buy for hard earned money :-)

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-12-31
09:31:15

Yeah, thank you MMS! Keep on with the game and you're gonna see the first medals to appear! wink Hint: stack those tiles on a prefer side wink Happy 2020!

Posted By

George
on 2019-12-31
11:44:32

Great work, Luca. Keep always up your good work, which always keeps the scene alive!

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-12-31
13:35:08

Thank you George!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024