Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-12-21
16:35:39
 A pair of things as Xmas presents from Charlemagne

Hello Everybody,

First of all, I am sorry for hiding myself for a while, but I wanted to publish (surprise you) a pair of things until (for) Christmas.

While I was improving LUMYDCTT, an old-new idea was coming up again in my mind. There was a not so memorable DOS game in the past called LAPI that looked very simple, but not so easy. What's more, It was very nerve-racking.

Well, I wanted to make a game which use only graphics, I was interested especially in Multicolor-mode. The mentioned game was perfectly suitable for this purpose, because this game uses only max 4 colors. Telling the truth I was swimming in my sweat and yes some swear leave my lips, too... happy ...because of the construction of graphics memory, but we need a little bit of pain for knowledge. More details (planing in an exercise-book, etc.) on my homepage: http://www.charlemagne.hu

Sorry for lagging, but my video capture program cannot follow the speed of Commodore Plus/4... happy The game is not optimized, but playable.

The second thing I have to mention is that a new version of LUMYDCTT is published. If memory serves me right, George said in one of forum topics that he likes "autocode"-feature:

Lumydctt - Advanced context menu

+ some bugs fixed again (for example: @ after ; )
+ REORG: you can use more ORG in your program (eg.: you would like to continue your program from another address)
+ Monitor: not refreshing automatically, because it takes a long time when you have a bigger program, so you can use "RMB: Refresh"-context menu manually, if you want to refresh.

By the way I attached LAPI to LUMYDCTT: sources/games

Let me wishing you for some calm celebration days and a thinkful future.

Posted By

siz
on 2019-12-21
17:35:37
 Re: A pair of things as Xmas presents from Charlemagne

Nice. Please modify the generated autocode to use bit masking of TED registers: for example setting TED control register #2 ($ff07) without reading it in advance will make your code PAL or NTSC only (in this case PAL only) and overwrite horizontal scrolling settings.
The correct code would be

lda $ff07
ora #$08
sta $ff07

But otherwise these are really cool features for beginners.

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-12-22
07:07:46

This autocode feature is really impressive happy

Posted By

George
on 2019-12-22
14:09:28

Thank you Charlemange. Great work. Keep going.
The autocode feature is a really nice feature and important for beginners.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-12-24
02:54:42

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LAPI - Greetings

LAPI uses macro, reORG and GFX-converter features, too!

siz: Thank you for your reflection. You are right. csabo's plus4ide uses an NTSC compatible autocode and I don't want the very same... On the other hand I will correct it. BTW: autocode is also cool and important for very lazy advanced and professional programmers who don't want to write down the same code snippets more than 100 times again... happy

MMS: What is your score in LAPI? Can you get 3330 points in it, too? happy

George: I am lurking all your wishes! happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-12-24
10:10:44

Challange accepted! grin But not exactly 3330...

Really nice game, "I have 5 minutes to play".
But why it is not added to the plus4world database as a PRG? I may bvote and upload my score, together with the other members.
(your site also looks very cool, especially the picture rescale function I like)

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-12-25
08:42:19

MMS: OK, after you... I took a fancy to play LAPI and made double score than you at least... Oh my nerves are wrecked... happy But I did it and uploaded my score, too! The more balls, the more points.

The game has just been out of the oven, but somebody has already taken notice of it and entered it into plus4world database, thanks to him.

Everything has got an advantage not only disadvantage. The advantage of it was that you had to go on my homepage and give a free advertisement to it. Thanx MMS! happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2019-12-25
11:06:43

@Charlemagne: thanks for the wishes, the best to you too.
A hint when you use text in HiRes Multicolor: you should substitute the "i" letter with the sign "|" (chr$=221) resulting more readable.

Posted By

George
on 2019-12-25
19:37:41

Merry Xmas to all from me!

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-12-26
16:50:40

Thank you George! I wish you the same!