Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-08-28
11:22:29
 Re: TED Hacks

Oops, Did I say nojeee? I would mean: Doug.

bubis, still nowadays the Knaecketraecker represents the most approachable and comfortable way to compose TEDmusic. Nonetheless, the KnaeckePlayer itself is quite a wasteful way to have some TED tunes, it has been made to compose demo tunes in a very personal environment and never really optimized, hence it does not have the ductility of the modular LODplayer or the selection between differently heavy players of TEDzakker.
The worst point is that a bug prevents it to be restarted in a clean way (it has been thought for demos, who'd ever need it to be restarted?), and that's the reason why in the Bauknecht's games (say: Pets Rescue), there's a little reload when you loose a life and the level restarts: it reloads the whole music file.

Doug has fixed this bug and recompiled the whole stuff, adding features about the SFX too, and about master volume/fadein/fadeout.

Since veeeeery long time, I've finished my "remix" of a Csabo's game, it only misses a music; once I've understood the bug in Knaecketraecker, which would have been my first choice, I decided to learn to compose with TEDzakker, also because I was quite intrigued by some of its features...but I've never find the push to do that...in years, now!
Hence, now that Knaecketraecker has come back to fully work as option, I'm torn, having to choose one of the two ways, hahahaha! grin

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024