Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-03-27
 YAPE 0.44: the Heartfixer's Test!

This Yape release is quite good! Great job, Attila!

Try test it with Heartfixer:
- SID emulation is almost good, filters are wrong (6581 instead of 8580?)
- have you seen that wrong cursor position? that bug is present in the real machine too! Weird: it disappears if I run Heartfixer without SIDcard inside, or without speaker's jack plugged in!

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-03-28
 cursor bug?

It is probably not related with the sid card. It is more likely related with my 40x34 routine but I don't know the cause of this behaviour. In my machine this bug seems to be undeterministic and there is no blinking! I thought that my ram is unreliable.
But if this is the cursor than I probably should move the cursor pointer in the 40x34 irq to hide the cursor.

bubis

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-03-28
 Cursor

The cursor registers ($FF0C-D) are compared against the character position reload registers ($FF1A-B). If they're equal the cursor is displayed in the actual character position. Actually the latter register increases by 40 every new character line and the comparison within the row takes place internally.

I haven't looked at your code, but I assume you display all possible 1024 positions of the video matrix because of the border effects, so you have to take extra care of the cursor, which is normally set to the position $03FF by the ROM. Just make sure you never hold the same values in two registers.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024