Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-08-04
08:39:17
 Heartlight PC on Commodore Plus/4

Without words, let this video speaks...

More details, eg. D64, PRG, story, party video and pictures...
...on my homepage: http://www.charlemagne.hu

For example: some whiz kids

By the way, it was nice to meet you guys: Chronos, Epy, Larry, MMS, siz

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-08-04
09:08:01
 Re: Heartlight PC on Commodore Plus/4

My vote goes to Csabo!

Posted By

Lavina
on 2019-08-04
09:10:42

Hehheee... The worshippers. grin

Nice game btw! Congrats!

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-08-04
09:44:00

Looks awesome! Nice game.. And it came somehow very unexpected.. Like the quality of the graphics! All done in hires!! happy Seems like it was a good party with some stunning releases!!

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-08-04
12:53:14

Hi Charlemagne,

It was nice to see you too! It was a great event and a lot of nice talk with each other.

I really liked the game, and has a nice layout for a challange.

BTW during presentation the beamer/projector destroyed most of the green colors.
So from our place the green field looked like black background too, and the rocks looked like flying.
The one who tested, was seeing the difference (maybe on the CRT monitor), but from our place not.

Now, with the help of Youtube video, able to fully see all the details. Thanks for uploading, and showing the details.

Posted By

George
on 2019-08-04
15:42:23

Great game and congrats for the 3rd place, Charlemagne!

Posted By

candle
on 2019-08-13
21:14:57

just to show off my version
this was actually a type-in game in one of polish atari related magazines
it was very basic, did not have tunnels or ballons, and there were only few levels in the magazine, but hey - it was for free
because of its simplicity it was ideal candidate to port it from plain 8bit atari to vbxe enchanced graphics mode
all i needed to add was missing features from pc version such as animations, balloons, tunnels, add some music and convert back levels from pc version
this is still work in progress, and it took 2 weeks of coding (few hours a day i supose..) in span of 8 years... life...

anyways

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-08-18
03:06:12

Luca: ok

Lavina: yes, they are fanatics! happy btw thanx

Mad: Thank you. I only wrote this game for my enjoy, not for the Arok Party specifically... happy

MMS: Said to you at the Arok, I have no sense of graphics and musics either... happy

George: I was very surprised at my rank. One of the party organizers told me it was the only one 100% playable game at the Party... happy

candle: VBXE is NOT a real Atari, only an enhanced clone (https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=53)! It is easy to develop anything with a 21 bit palette (1024 different colors on the same screen: almost Amiga :-) ) and on a faster "machine" than a traditional computer. In spite of it, your game is very eye candy, but it is a very big problem that you solved some puzzles and killed the motivation in your demonstration video... happy

Posted By

candle
on 2019-08-18
04:35:08

Charlemagne: do you have atari? seems you don't
vbxe is not atari - it's a graphics card for atari, you still have to push data with 6502 running at 1.7mhz, but now you have owfull lot of data to push around, and you have to be smart on how you use resources you have to make it tick - please don't make any opinions on what is or what is not real atari if you don't know a thing about it (and you prooved you don't)

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-08-18
16:32:16

Candle and Charlemagne: I congratule to you both for the great games done.

@Candle:
I saw few years ago a working VBXE card demontsration: very impressive stuff!

This card plays in the same legue as a Voodoo 3D card for Amigas.
Question: if an Amiga with Vooodoo3/Radeon can play a 3D game, it is still Amiga, or the Voodoo card performance?

(Charlemagne's point is that you compare a game made for the stock machine to a greatly upgraded one, so it is hard to compare, as VBXE is in the legue of Amiga or Apple IIgs graphics)

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-08-20
09:00:16

candle: "do you have any computers? seems you don't" - OMG, what a devilish-childish style he has got... (we were playing like that in the kindergarten about thirty-seven years ago: you were, not you, not-not you weren't... happy )

First of all, I didn't tell you a word to come here and boast of your clone Atari with an expansion card, mainly this is a Commodore Plus/4 Forum, not Atari... ...you are an off-topic guy here... ...so please DON'T tell me what should I think, what should I say and what should I do... happy

Secondly, you know, the World is wide and consists of a large number of people (not only you) with different opinions. Well, everybody (not only you) would have an opinion about everything, this called democracy.

Thirdly, you can't stand others opinion at all (this is your problem) and I am sorry for not being as genius as you... ...in my humble opinion you have a big face. It seems so... happy ...who thinks himself as a World-Etalon.

Fourth, I need to repeat my words again: It's very-very-and-very easy to develop anything with an enhanced computer which enables you to use 21 bit palette and BLITTER, like Amigas. So please let me know which words of mine don't you understand crystal clear and I will be pleased to try explaining them again, and again... So, the next time bring a game here developed on a REAL Atari... happy ..or take it to an Atari forum.

MMS: You are a clever boy... happy ...and I have a bet for that case he will come back then mention my mother... happy

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-08-20
09:34:19

If possible.. Calm down.. This "I am better than you", or "I know what I am talking about" stuff doesn't lead anywhere.. Even the programmer of Lemmings and maintainer of a famous Plus/4 project has no clue about technicallities if he sees stuff nowadays.. That doesn't mean he has no clue about programming and computers at all.. Perhaps it's just a communication problem, like most of the times. We all do cool stuff, and some use VBXE others Basic others do TED others SIDCARD etc.. Telling others that their work is cheap, is obviously producing problems, since they invested a lot of work in their projects.. Even people doing total crap in your eyes have sometimes a very hard time putting this stuff together, so for them this means "the world" effortwise.. Dunno if it's the right way to go to discredit people or their works.. But if you like that, why not? grin

Btw.. I like both efforts almost the same, coding the logic alone without graphics is a very funny and somewhat challenging task.

Wanna see more releases from you in the future!!

Have fun!! (if possible!!)

Posted By

Lavina
on 2019-08-20
09:36:06

Let the Light in your Heart wink

Make code not war.

Do whatever you want, VBA rules! ;-)))))

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-10-09
09:48:59

Heartlight gets 83% on Retro Gamer 199 wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2019-10-09
10:20:00

Nice, congrats!

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-10-10
16:49:53

Luca: WoW! Thank you for drawing my attention to it. In turn, I am curious to know why do the Retro Gamer Team decide to write about a game and rate it? This is a question because my games are very simple... happy ...maybe they like it and only follow the stream...

Csabo: Thanx

Posted By

George
on 2019-10-11
11:58:00

Charlemagne Congrats for the Retro Gamer review!

Mad Great comment. The results sometimes don't show it often, but people put their time, hearts and dreams in their projects no matter which languages or tools they choose.

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-10-11
12:12:21

Charlemagne (Big) Congrats from here, too! Nice to see that!

George Thanx happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-10-11
16:29:22

Congrats for the high score!
(PS: still no Bach, bah! happy )

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024