Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2019-04-26
05:36:38
 The Archives Of István Göőz

In 2017, we received a large disk archive from an elementary school. While looking through those programs, I found some interesting ones, such as these. Several of those were developed by Zsuzsa Nagy, and out of curiosity I tried to see if the author could be found. Unfortunately that is an extremely common name in Hungarian, so this proved futile. One of those programs however were co-written by someone with a much more unique looking name: István Göőz. On a whim, I did a search... And found him :-)

As a former principal, Mr. Göőz had some unique insights into how the Commodore Plus/4 was used in education. A lot of this info has been added to the site. Mr. Göőz also worked with the above mentioned Zsuzsa Nagy, who unfortunately passed away a few years ago. During our discussions, it turned out that he still has a large working disk archive, but no way of converting them to a modern platform. Enter our friend Lacus, who traveled there, picked up the 18 disks and transferred them. And a mere 7 months later (hyperspeed!), everything is now on Plus/4 World!

More than 120 programs have been added, a lot of them educational. The flagship one being Kémiai Egyenlet. This was developed and submitted as a final thesis, and also entered into a national competition for educational software. If one were to look up the 1989/6 issue of Mikroszámítógép Magazin, turn to page 30, and look down the middle column, one would see Mr. Göőz and his software, along with the fact that it placed second. We have a scan of the diploma of this as well!

Big thanks to Mr. Göőz and Lacus!

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-27
05:36:38
 Re: The Archives Of István Göőz

Fantastic resource brought to the light in order to be preserved as historical digital fingerprint of a whole nation.
Omg, gonna work'em out hard to copy them on the ftp too once at home grin

Posted By

Lavina
on 2019-04-27
07:55:25

Many thanks to all who were involved in archiving this.

Posted By

George
on 2019-04-27
12:32:43

An important find. I am happy that the plus/4 was used for in education of a whole nation.

Posted By

Mad
on 2019-04-27
18:29:30

Great!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024