05:54:56
 Re: Lala Prologue released

You just can't stop releasing excellent stuff to Plus/4! grin

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-03
10:41:59

Congrats Majikeyric, another wonderful little gem from The Mojon Twins ported quite juicy on Plus/4, and now the usual sprite engine seems to work good indeed, especially in the inertia and bumping. Lovely graphics and music of inspired atmosphere, the gameplay is very hard, though including few areas to explore, and I had to bite it hard even using an invulnerability cheat in order to see the ending picture and get all the 26 potions! Notable plus: this bottle from a far memory as a child, as background element grin

Btw, this is the very first release in which there's no HF logos, the groups has never been named, there's Digital Monastery only. Anyway, I considered DM just as the game developing wing of HF, so it should be the same...am I right?

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2019-04-04
12:50:23

Thanks happy

hehe I don't know this bottle but yeah it looks like the ones from the game happy

Yes DM = HF for me .

aside note : in the original ZX Spectrum game there is an error, it tells you collected 25 potions when there are 26... grin

*EDIT*

I have updated the Pouet package with 'last minute' fabulous Grass's title picture ! Admins could you update the version on Plus4World's server please ? :)

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-04
13:56:23

Ok, gonna totally cancel the old one then, and put this one in download, the first has never come to me! wink

Btw, I think it's cool that somebody has completely recoloured the picture, but this has completely fEcked up the colours in the sky, creating a rainbow of colour clashes grin
In 10' only, I saved a dirty .gif of that picture, taken with a "strong" palette (due to the fact that even in the +4DG crack on C64, there's absolutely no trainer and no bitmap, and I dunno why!?), and applied a quick straight conversion, where you can see some clashes due to the fact I've taken it from a gif and not from the original one, but it probably looks like a better point from where to start...

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2019-04-04
14:04:22

Interesting ! what tool did you use for the convert ?

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-04-04
14:18:12

Several converters had been used since the ancient times on Plus/4 (Kép-konvertáló, Crown Graphic Converter, Picture Converter V2.51, Cartridge Graphic Converter V1.6, Graphix Converter and so on...). GoDot too approached a TED conversion tool. A faster and very professional tool is included in the plus4emu pack, which I quickly used to get this on screen.

Just few weeks ago, I've converted and then retouched by handdrawing the Knight Lore's wonderful intropic by Ste'86.

EDIT: the download at CSDb has been updates with the REAL crack with the picture, so I had the chance to take a snap of the picture via VICE, attempting a straight conversion and...hey, it's untouched, you only need to redraw some clash points between legs and arms, and some dithering which is gone, and you've done ;)

Posted By

Majikeyric
on 2019-04-05
04:10:42

WOW the convert quality is incredible p4fliconv does an amazing job !

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024