Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-02-17
 Find it, bought it, show it!!!

It's real! And I'd bought it!
My pal, Lobo, will send to me soon, and then I'll need to forward it in order to make a .TAP of, and to take it out as .prg.

Cover!!!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-02-17
 Wow!

Unbelievable, amazing, I can't find the right words for this! happy happy Mega-cool, man! happy Can't wait to see it. Wow, is this ever RARE.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-02-17
 Congratulations!

Where have you found this one? I am eager to see it! And a TAP.... hmmm... that'd be cool.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-17
 WOOOOOOOOOW!

Awesome find Luca! I can't believe what I'm seeing. One GEM thats been missing for almost 20 years and today we get to see the cover! Thankyou happy

If it's like Room 10 then it may not have a turbo. If thats the case and they saved the game in the same way you should beable to save the data onto floopy, copy it over to PC and using YAPE make a perfect TAP of the original wink

cheers.

Posted By

Thomas
on 2003-02-18
 Please don't hit me...

...but I don't even know this game. wink
According to the screenshots, the graphics seem to be great though. happy
But one thing I don't understand:

If thats the case and they saved the game in the same way you should beable to save the data onto floopy, copy it over to PC and using YAPE make a perfect TAP of the original

Now that seems unnecessary complicated to me??
Until now I could make TAPs of every cassette, no matter if a turbo was used or not, no matter if the game loaded other parts for other levels, it always worked just using mtap. Even halfwave was never a problem.

So what are you talking about since I'd like to understand the problem? happy

Best regards

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-02-18
 Voldemort -->

I don't have an X-1531 cable, so I can't do direct from Datasette to PC transfers.

I would have to load the program, save to floppy, copy to PC with my X*1541 cable and Star Commander, then load it into YAPE. Once in YAPE I could make a TAP to share.

It's complicated but it avoids buying a cable for a single use, plus the wait for the cable to arrive.

Posted By

Thomas
on 2003-02-18
 *g* Okay, that's a reason.

I don't have an X-1531 cable, so I can't do direct from Datasette to PC transfers.

Aaaah, now I understand. happy
That's of course a very good reason. wink

I've recently soldered one myself, wasn't too difficult for me, but I do stuff like that all the time. wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-02-18
 What I'll do

Ok, my pal from Turin (where the game was been located) told me that the tape seems to be 30 minutes long, according to the Lando's thesis; after, he placed the tape in an envelope and sent the stuff! happy

I don't have an X-1531 cable too (as for James C), thus: I'll follow the Lando's instructions, but only if there are no loading screen (pics or text)! If the loading shows something particular, I'll send the precious tape via mail to a faithful 1531cable owner wink

Lord Voldemort: as you can find on the net by yourself, that CRL game had a common cassette cover for al its versions, only the text bottom/right was changed (C16/C64/ZX etc). Those so-called "CBM screenshots" came from C64.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-18
 For Lord Voldemort

Room 10 (crack) came before the days of the C16/Plus4 MTAP format wink

This game was recoreded in the normal way, so really it was just PRG files on cassette. I say no more wink

Room 10 was a 2 part loader. They thought they were being clever making it so you could'nt soft-reset the plussy once the game was running and copy their code.

Part 1 was really only a lazy AUTO-RUN for the game DOH! wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-18
 For Luca.

If it does come to that and you have to send the tape away then only send a copy of the tape! wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-02-25
 Any news?

So what happened to the game? Do you have a PRG or TAP file yet? I'd definitely like to see this rare game.

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-02-26
 News about it...

The tape is on its way, I'll receive tomorrow.
At the moment, I'm searching for a 1530 or 1531.
BTW, my dad had some health problems during the last days, hence I have other priorities.

I'll keep the community informed about.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-02-26

Sorry to hear about your dad and hope he's ok.

Best wishes.

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-02-28
 It's here!

Yesterday, I put my hands on the tape: yes, it exists.
But now.....oh jeez, I've no 1531!!!
Must find one...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024