Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-04-28
13:08:36
 Space Pong

Space PongUnexpectedly, SVS of the FIRE crew takes the 2012 dated SVS-Pong into space!

Space Pong is a one player Pong game extravaganza, originally written in BASIC and then compiled with the Austrospeed Compiler, which is intended to be played with an emulator at 200% speed. You win a game when you reach a score which is calculated taking in count of the settings chosen in the main menu: actually, several features can be modulated or activated, in order to have a different challenge at any time, and the hiscore boards shows those settings beside your score. And the latter also shows if you've cheated or not, and probably you would have done it by discovering one of the various Easter eggs included in the game, so search for all of them ;)

Space Pong is a crossover between Pong and a shoot'em up, hence several new entities like rockets and UFOs populate the game area, and some weird events can occur during your play. And you can shoot at all of them, but will you have some aiming skills to hit'em? Space PongIn order to have a full view of the entire game's mechanics and features, SVS offers to you all an useful manual as .doc file, describing options, gameplay, strategies and more.

Watch the videoclip!

The gauntlet has been thrown down: play Space Pong, improve your scores, find all the secrets!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2018-04-30
13:08:36
 Re: Space Pong

Finally had some time to play a few rounds. Let's skip over the fact that it's developed for emulators only... which just somehow seems wrong, it's a fun game happy SVS obviously put a lot of effort into it. Wacky, zany and hectic. Lots of nice little touches - the Plus/4 screen at the top/right of the menu is cute happy My thoughts (tips?)
- When the UFO appears, just hide
- Watch out for those fake balls
- Shoot like crazy
- Teleport either helps a tiny bit or is your worst enemy (mostly the latter wink)
Gets a recommendation from me, you guys should put some time aside to check it out.

Posted By

MikeZ
on 2018-05-08
10:15:48
 Re: Space Pong

I've been a beta tester on this from the beginning. I can say that a 200% speed is necessary to get all the many features to execute in a pleasing time frame. For me, the best feature is that almost all the parameters are user adjustable. In this way an old guy like me was able to dial in the settings that made the game just challenging enough to be very enjoyable.

Come on guys, give it a shot!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024