Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2018-04-13
02:55:30
 On The Run - a CPlus4 Game on Amiga

Hello Everybody,

I sank without trace on the surface, in turn I worked hard on a game in the deep. You may ask me why show you an Amiga game in this area of 8bit community, but:
- the idea is from a Commodore Plus/4 game called "MENEKÜLÉS"
- Amiga is also a Commodore computer

00:00 -> 06:36: Real Amiga 1200
06:37 -> 09:57: Windows 10 - WinUAE - Class #4
09:58 -> 12:57: Real Amiga 500
12:58 -> 15:06: Windows 10 - WinUAE - Class #8
15:07 -> 18:11: Real Amiga 500+
18:12 -> 20:35: Windows 10 - WinUAE - Class #7
20:36 -> 24:14: Real Amiga 600
24:15 -> 27:19: Windows 10 - WinUAE - Class #4
27:20 -> 30:55: Android (Sony Xperia) - Uae4all2

More details on my homepage: http://www.charlemagne.hu

Posted By

Lavina
on 2018-04-13
14:26:01
 Re: On The Run - a CPlus4 Game on Amiga

cool idea and great implementation happy

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2018-04-13
14:46:50

Thanks Lavina, your name is also mentioned in the intro, but not in vain... happy

On the other hand I forgot to mention that the character-animations of the game were planned by LUMYDCTT!

Posted By

Patrick
on 2018-04-15
08:34:13

do you mean with this post, that you going to make this amiga game for the plus4? sorry if i misunderstood!

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2018-04-15
11:21:59

Hello Patrick,

There was a Hungarian maze-game in 1986 on Commodore Plus/4 called Menekülés coded by György Szöllősi.

I played a lot of Amiga games and I had no seen any game like that on Amiga and I would have liked to improve my classical Amiga assembly engine (MAE) with joystick-handling, so I decided to make a game using joystick and I chose this one... My original idea was about an offender (after the Hungarian move: "On The Run: The Whiskey Robber") who is collecting money and whiskey-bottles in a maze while escaping from police... happy

Your name can be seen in the intro of the game, too!

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-04-16
16:39:04

Very nice little game, cute! I do remember the original one, it was also advertized in the BitLet magazine color inner page too (memories from 30 years...)

Off: could you tell me what is the really nice intro music's original?
I am sure I heard it in the past, but not sure what it is. Based on the style maybe some Bach?
Very funny, but this music reminds me at the same time Icicle Works ingame music too happy

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2018-04-16
19:32:30

Thanks MMS, the title of the Amiga MODule is "Fugue in G-moll" as mentioned in the intro where your name is also flashing... happy

eg.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZd2q3BYPwI

...telling the truth I was thinking a lot about which music was fitted the best to this game... And you are right because Icicle Works also stole the music score from J.S.Bach... happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2018-04-17
11:41:52

Hi! you are very kind listing me! happy
I checked the video on my 4" smartphone, you can imagine, how small those characters were, so I did not realize it happy

Thanks for the info. I am more familiar with D moll toccata, but somewhere I should have a J.S.Bach CD.

OFF
Just checked the guy's hand playing the piano.
I think the beginning of this music should not be a big challenge for the TED too, two simple channels should be enough... (I would be very surprised, if noone tried it in the past).

I am not a big musician, but maybe will do a try with TEDZakker happy

I checked in the past George's musics done in BASIC, and I see it is not easy to manage the two channels timing without a proper command, so hat off for George too! (also BASIC seems to add some unfavourable plop sound to the music, maybe comes from RAM/ROM switching).

Posted By

Gaia
on 2018-04-17
17:38:43

Menekülés is a nice game but it is a "remixed" version of Radar Rat Race on the VIC20/C64. Radar Rat Race itself was a licensed clone of Namco's Rally-X arcade game, one of the launch titles for the VIC-20 on cartridge.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2018-04-19
07:52:35

You are welcome MMS! happy

As you can see the last part of the video, I also play it on a Sony Xperia (4.8") with the help of an Amiga Emulator, but very circumstantially.

This game may have been surely better if there were a musican, a graphic and a designer with me, because I have no any sense of music and design either, but I like programming as a one-person-army (all-in-one)... happy

Hello Gaia,

I have never heard of Radar Rat Race, but I saw it in a YouTube video after you mentioned.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024