Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2018-03-18
03:40:39
 YAPE 1.1.6 now out!

This year's first release of YAPE brings you all the usual fixes, some TED improvements and new functionalities including:

• added Hungarian KERNAL version to the machine setup
  • MTAP pulse length correction in the 'Tape head adjust' dialog
  • option to confirm writing back changes to disk images
  • couple of TED improvements
  • regression bug when switching to fullscreen mode from windowed GDI mode fixed

Get it from its usual location.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-03-19
03:40:39
 Re: YAPE 1.1.6 now out!

Experiencing several issues when trying to load a PRG file (X64 version): loading a file by file association works, loading with DLOAD and LOAD works again, loading with the classic F8 fails due to some confusion between PRG and T64 with error message...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2018-03-19
03:47:57

Thanks, I'll fox it today or tomorrow happy Sorry for the messup

EDIT: I have hopefully fixed it (very quickly). One exclamation mark was missing from the code :D You can proceed with redownloading now. Thanks!

Posted By

Lavina
on 2018-03-19
17:20:08

Thanks! Long awaited windows position bug fix. wink

EDIT: I'm still experiencing issues when the yape window is positioned at the most top position of the screen (so the bottom line is readable where it says: loaded...). When I close it and open it, it will not be readable, only half the line is visible and I must click the maximize window button again (top right corner of the window, middle one out of three icons) to make it all visible.

Anybody else?? Thanks.

Posted By

SVS
on 2018-03-20
03:16:00

Unfortunately me too I'm experiencing odd issues with this release.
I use 2 monitors, with desktop extended mode. As I see, when the Yape window is closed being on a secondary screen, the next time Yape is loaded it goes into open-applications bar and no command is able to make it visible in any screen.
Summarizing: Version 1.1.5 had the bug that the window position was not always saved (sometimes it restarted in home position of main screen). This version saves it only if the position is on main screen.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2018-03-20
18:41:01

@SVS: two monitors are not supported yet, sorry, maybe soonish...
@Lavina: actually the maximized window state is not saved at all, so that causes this; this could be also implemented so I'll probably do it, I just never use it maximized so I haven't done it yet happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2018-03-23
07:16:44

Thanks Master!

The issue I'm using maxed window is only because I can't see the bottom message area otherwise.

EDIT: To be precise I meant not fullscreen but pixel exact top positioned Yape window when the window is the same height as the montior resolution. :)

Cheers!

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-09-11
06:30:54

Bug report: if you change sound settings in warp mode, the sound does not change.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-09-20
02:17:37

This happens every time I need to open and adjust the bottom border, and no emulator is able to reproduce it yet.
I set some IRQs to do that in a cheap way: standing at rasterline $0CA, I force $FF1D to #$A2, then I call next one at $0CD, where to force $FF1D to #$E9 (to place the overall screen in the middle), then call a last one in $126, annd cycling.
All the known emulators show a pretty good result. The real machine shows a pretty good result too, but the video output is colorless, totally b/w tv like! In order to have the full stuff on real iron too, the IRQ calling at #$CD must be changed in #$CE.

Will be possible in the near future to see this behavior fully emulated?

Posted By

bubis
on 2018-09-20
04:25:07

You see this kind of color loss when you change the lowest bit of $ff1d in a cpu cycle when it would have remained the same (ie. when it have not been incremented yet).
I thought Plus4Emu emulates that.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-09-20
04:32:42

bubis: checked, plus4emu does the color stuff whereas the real machine does not :/ That's why I felt betrayed...

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-09-29
04:20:11

YAPE works quite bad with tape turbos makers. if you try loading Nova Turbo from the TAP file, the cursor stucks in the corner, if you use Novaload-Turbo the tape counter runs backward in the second tape saving, and so on...

Posted By

Sandor
on 2018-09-29
08:37:06

There is also a minor bug with TED emulation with x-scroll values in graphic mode.

The scrolled in pixels at a full 320x200 should have their bits set to 0 and they should use the last off color TED had. So if the screen is scrolled the very fist scanline should have the off color from the very last character of the very last scanline. If you do DFLI with x-shift, the off colors on the left are always one scanline behind the rest of the picture. This is how it works on the real machine, but it's not how it works in YAPE.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2018-09-30
16:29:07

Luca: does this happen when you're not using the Autoload from the menu?
Sandor: thanks; actually it's supposed to work like you described, there's an implementation limitation (just checked the comment in the code). I'll see about it.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-09-30
18:44:39

Gaia: yes, I remember I tried all the ways.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2018-10-16
14:52:41

Today I noticed a quite odd behaviour. I overclocked my 3core AMD for a while to complete some bigger Excel calculations. Not a big deal, just raising the FSB from 200 to 210.

Once complete I just started yape with our demo and noticed that the music was making noise in a rhythmic way. Once I stopped the OC the noise stopped as well...

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-11-30
02:39:30

Run in YAPE, Columns (TEK) does not allow to use keyboard or joystick since the beginning, until you set $FF1C to zero (#$FE).

EDIT: plus, I can't set two physical joysticks in YAPE.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2018-12-02
18:16:21

Luca: which input method were you trying? Windows message queue or Direct Input?

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-12-03
03:05:13

I tried Message Queue - Positional, didn't know it could affect that, I'll try the other option once at home.

EDIT: you're right, it worked with directinput.

Posted By

Mad
on 2018-12-13
21:49:19

Hey Peeps! happy

Seems there is a bug either in Yape1.1.6 or in Plus4Emu ( or I did something completely wrong with this happy ).. No real iron here to test, currently.. if you enable multicolor mode by poke 65287,128+16+8 and then poke 2089,16*5+2+128 gives a different color then poke 2089,16*5+2. It colors the C of "Commodore" differently if the $80 is set or not. Plus4emu and Yape differ in the displayed color, plus4emu shows $02 and Yape seem to show $0b.. If I did something wrong there, please correct me.. If not I hope that info helps somehow in fixing this bug.. Could be that it's just my yape version.. I download now the newest to check again..

Ok seems the ?bug? persisted in the current downloadable Yape version.. It's more obvious if you don't use $02, for instance $03 also is different..

However I have to say actually I like it to have these ?wrong? colors in HiresMulticolor Mode..

Posted By

Gaia
on 2018-12-14
15:02:31

Wow, such a bug? Are older versions also exhibiting this issue? WHich palette are you using? Could be a palette bug rather than emulation.

EDIT: now I see... you're probably using the "Digitized palette" which is not really maintained anymore. But I'll have a look and fix it.

Posted By

Luca
on 2018-12-19
02:30:26

Acid Disco Party shows a glitch in the main part which I don't remember I've seen running earlier releases...

Checked on an old V0.64: there's the glitch, but different.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024