Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2018-03-17
20:49:02
 Re: Starting off again

Ok, now that I got the idea of that $ff1c/$ff1d stuff. Seems it's a good solution to have this max 8 pixel distance vscroll in 2 splitscreens under control, without triggering a new badline. Thanx Gaia!! I complicated stuff there with using a $ff06/$ff1f approach, however after bubis description this also seems very straightforward and simple to use. It's a little hard that you have to recover the rasterstate afterwards the $ff1c/$ff1d approach, for not destroying the complete display state.

I wrote to Luca that he should ask if we can put bubis description of the ted badline behaviour into some extra documentation since it's always a big problem (at least) for me. So it's my bad, to ask for it, not actually Lucas, I think he knows his stuff very well.

I am not 100% sure if there could be an unwanted badline with a split screen, at either approach. (Assuming the split can be placed freely on the screen and both splitscreens have different vscroll positions). If there could be problems with this, then that was most probably the obstacle I faced in creating of Pets Rescue, without knowing about the correct TED behaviour at all.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024