Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2018-02-26
14:23:37
 Re: New Plus/4 game to be out this weekend!

Hey MIK

I read the comments and do have some additions to them here:
- I think we'll add the crash sound and a little x wiggeling if the logo did enter the screen
- At the loading screens the sound routine is disabled due to loading of another music, perhaps there are possibilities to implement the whizzling sound there. That's a topic I will investigate within the next months. It's on my list! happy
- About the jumping height. Actually it should not differ much from Mario (if running and not running) due to some better kept hidden reasons. (At least I hope so.) Perhaps it's worth to change the logic there, but it's not a big point on my list.
- The highscore should stay there and wait for another click. Good point! At the moment there is no memory for that but perhaps there are some ways.
- The continue starts at the last completed world (not to confuse with a single level)! (At least it should) We have 5 worlds and 20 levels in the complete game.
- Dunno if it's a good idea to change the order of the 1k-3k for a single level. Sure it's possible. That's a decission Kichy should make. Actually a very good point.
- With the scoring adding in connection with the lives. That would perhaps be a little unfair. Dunno. Lucas decission. At the moment we just have 14 byte left for the game logic and all is already heavily optimized. Perhaps we find some way for more free bytes, then I would leave the decission for it to Luca. He's the master of fair play and perfect score handling happy!!! Dunno perhaps Kichy also wants to be enclosed in this decission. For me it's not necessary but I have nothing to say there I suppose grin.. Ah and I haven't asked Luca if he is really the master of score handling! Just some joke from the development time!

All in all I have to say that almost every byte of memory and (currently) disc space is used for this game. I was happy that only some bugs were found which forced me to add just a single lda or sta or some other small opcodes at the finishing of this game! happy

Thanx for the great comments, and especially the the thing with the whizzling sound is for me some detail which would improve the fun of playing the game, from my perspective (Democoder)!

Let's see if we can fix the stuff for the commercial release then..

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024