Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-10-05
02:31:34
 Re: Different $FF07 on the same scanline

As I've written before, I did almost the same to achieve this result, but what I can see here is a $10 large trap to seek the right horizontal scanning. This pushes a reason for my failure: $FF1E changes very fast and it's possible that your code could "miss" the exact target if you're seeking for one single value of $FF1E at any frame.
We've just seen this before, in the vertical splitting thread, where TLC suggested a similar stabilizing code, nonetheless I haven't learnt this lesson yet

Asking it again: is there a reason for the $10 large range where to be sure to trap the horizontal scanning?
And more: if you double scroll a 2 chars high text, should you use a slightly different macro with 23 cycles less in order to compensate two badlines? E.g.:
	split_colors
split_colors
split_colors
split_colors
split_colors
split_colors
split_colors_shorter
split_colors_shorter

split_colors
split_colors
split_colors
split_colors
split_colors
split_colors

EDIT: the "multiple $ff07 per scanline" problem rises up due to the build up of a cheap titlescreen I'm adding to a little project which has been stopped for too much time, so it must be completed as soon as possible, before it gets rotten by reaching the expiry date :) In the very end, it seems I don't really need to death that kind of effect, nonetheless we have out best chitchatting about these juicy tricks, and I love this so much grin
Csabo that's the project that indirectly involves you too, and you don't like so much grin wink Now I only have to learn how to TEDzakker at decend skill to fill 2Kb and finish it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024