Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-01-20
 Why in the DataBase there is no info about the "Plus4 King",

that is Peter Hanson?
Anybody has information on about?
Jim still have you contact with him?
(I think he is [was] a good user, with a lot of Plus4 related things)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-20
 Because no one has asked for it :-)

I haven't heard of this fellow or seem any apps from him, but I'll be happy to add him to the database. (In fact I did already.) Send me more infos and I'll add that too.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-20
 Plus4 King

Yeah, I haven't heard from him for a few years. I could look up his bio. Steve Morgans UK, David Cook USA and Robert Bennet USA were also active members of the Thunderbirds.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-20
 Early forum

You won't find much from Peter, as he was the glue of the group. He was doing what Lando and Csabo are doing now, pre-web days. Peter had, without doubt, the largest library of Plus4 software in the known world, Ha! Had copies of everything from everyone, including all of the Elder disks. He used to comment that his monthly phone bill ran to 800 pounds a month, sometimes (that used to make me faint!). He was pulling stuff from as far away as New Zealand and Australia. Steve Morgans (I beleive in Suffolk) was running a BBS for information exchange. Jack Vander White hosted one for us Yanks. He sent me my first 1551 drive and 256K Plus4, from Christian (Solder). Opened up a whole new world. When the Iron Curtain fell, he was right on top of that one. He was in contact with a number of Russian users that used to hide and run their Comodores in their basements. See how the world changes...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-20
 Re: Early forum

We have to contact this guy! Does he have an email address?

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-21
 Not sure

I wouldn't have a clue, anymore... I lost most of my hardcopy and correspondence in a forrest fire we had, a few years ago. He lived in West Sussex. You could contact
Erich Laber 078422955-0001@t-online.de
I'd thought that Luca would have his address

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-21
 Re: Not sure

Searching on google for the term "Plus 4 King" gives two results. One spells his last name with an "e", the other one with an "o". Does anyone know which one is correct?

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-01-21

I always thought the Plus4 king was Udo hehehe wink

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-01-21
 +4 King

Ok, Peter Hanson, aka +4 King, had been owner of several email address, but no one knows which is now working...
You can read some infos about him on several issues of LoneNews, don't remember which...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-01-21
 Address

He once wrote me an email, which I that time kinda forgot about. It was plus4king@aol.com. But when I replied a couple of months later this address did not exist anymore.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-01-21
 Re: Address

Just tried phanson@arcticbb.demon.co.uk, but it came back.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2003-01-22
 Too bad

That's the problem, folks are there, but unaware. Peter is still around, I'm sure. By the way, your new fields are interesting. I noticed that you already have Crosswords linked (cw1&cw2). I'll have to pull it down and see if it is the NPUG version. That was the first use of a series of large general purpose ml toolkits I'd written, to make presenters and screen work easier. My wife loved crossword puzzles, so I wrote it for her, then used it in our NPUG disk newsletter as a regular feature.

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2004-09-02
19:10:12
 Re: Why in the DataBase there is no info about the "Plus4 King",

It is nice to see that People still Love & remember me. A Big Thank You to all my Fans. Yes i still have my PLUS/4 Collection. But i am sorry to say that i don't have the time to use it anymore. All i use now is a P.C. So that i can read and send E-Mail. Well Best wishes to all out there and keep enjoying Your PlUS/4
Greetings from the +4 King

Posted By

RobertB
on 2004-09-22
04:21:04

Fortunately, I will get to visit Peter in merry, old England next
suumer. And I want to revel in his Plus 4 collection again. Peter,
get that equipment out of the loft so I can play with it again! happy

Posted By

The +4 King
on 2004-10-02
02:25:35

Hi Robert. Sorry but that would be too much like Hard Work, so you will have to Play with your own. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024