Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

awsm
on 2017-03-03
03:28:24
 My PETSCII release for the C16

Hi! I believe this is my first post here, so before all thanks for this awesome website.

Last weekend I briefly met MAD of Bauknecht at the BCC#11 demo party and saw the release of the incredible Slipstream, both for C16 and C64. What an amazing piece of art.

Anyway, my first computer was a C16, and I still have weak spot for it therefore I decided to port my PETSCII screen "Love in Time of Laser Raptors" (second and BCC#11 graphics compo) to the C16. It's by no means much in terms of code, but please see it as a tribute from a C64 scener to the 264 scene.

I had a blast converting the picture to the vastly improved color palette - what a revelation. More challenging, too, as more realistic shading is possible with it. I don't know how to post pictures and prg files, so here's a direct link to the prg:

www.awsm.de/c16/love-in-time-of-laser-raptors.prg

I would be happy if you check out my site www.awsm.de if you like, there you'll find my JavaScript conversion of the C16 game "Ghost Town" as well (or visit www.kingsoft.de ).

So, thanks again for this website!
Have a nice day everybody,
awsm

Posted By

Luca
on 2017-03-03
05:12:52
 Re: My PETSCII release for the C16

Oooh that's a quite nice surprise, I loved your PETSCII entry at BCC#11 at first glance: well achieved, original, inspired, weird happy After I casted my vote for the original C64 one, I'm very happy to see it in a proper C16 release happy
We just know about your C16 past, I personally published the news about Ghost Town JS which is a notable remake currently present on our site as you can see wink

Gonna add your entry right now, hope to see more productions from you in the near future (side note: as guideline, you'll get your full entry here at Plus/4 World usually at the 3rd release, faster if it involves something bigger).

EDIT: oh well, have to wait to be at home in order to upload screenshot and .prg files :/

Posted By

awsm
on 2017-03-03
05:59:10

Thank you Luca for the kind words! I sure do want to dig deeper into the 264! Please keep up the great work you guys do with this website! Cheers!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2017-03-03
08:45:27

Love In Time Of Laser Raptors is up with pic and dl link. It's fantastic IMHO, true art. Congrats!

Posted By

awsm
on 2017-03-03
10:01:29

You guys are the best. Thank you Csabo!

Posted By

MMS
on 2017-03-03
21:29:09

Really nice one, congrats!

OFF as usual :-)
I also played a bit with PETSCII on the CBM PRG Studio, and it is SOOOO unfortunate, that the extended background color mode allows only 64 characters, and with normal PETSCII you may have only one background color.

That crazy flashing bit takes away full 64 characters' possibility...

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2017-03-03
16:07:43

Love it! happy

Posted By

Mad
on 2017-03-03
16:24:38

Whohooo and the picture is awesome, just for the record! happy