Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-08-02
07:51:47
 Re: Crackers' Demo 5!

This has been quite a heroic effort by Csabo, who composed almost 10 tunes, organized the whole thing, managed changes of mind of all kinds, coded his part, opening and ending parts, and fixed several of the incoming entries once he has checked'em all one by one. And I would add Chronos too into this hall of fame, due to his total willingness to draw graphics for anyone.

Moreover, as someone has pointed out, this is the biggest Crackers' Demo chapter ever, merging altogether both glories from the past and brand new entries. Honestly, I've been very busy at work in the former two useful months, then I had my first slice of holidays, and 15 days of sun sea drinks and gigs have kept me quite distant from anything scene-related. Back the 11th of July, it has been a crazy run to put up a decent part into the strict deadline, but our common luck is, I bet, to have somewhere a folder with unused code where to start from, instead of coding it from scratch totally. Of course, signs of hurry-driven goofs here and there are quite evident (e.g., see how bad the first screen got deleted from the right by charcolumns, I really didn't noticed it until it was too late to fix ), and I've also been hit by my procrastination about learning to use TEDzakker!
My contribution makes deep usage of autocode, speedcode and sometimes unexomizes bitmaps onthefly. Due to the speedcode, the last double buffered 9colors HUE-rotational ECM plasma steals all the memory till $ED80, and that means there's $0F80 left for the global music ($0FC0 once I used free slices of $0200 page). TEDzakker would have been the perfect choice to cover it due to its versatility, but I hadn't previously found the time to test it, because when I tried, that was the time Mad asked to me Knaecketracker's tunes for his game. I promise that the first in the to-do list after this coopdemo will be learn and train about TEDzakker. Anyway, in the very end, the experience saved from using Ingo's tracker helped me a lot to achieve a somewhat decent tune in that tiny memory area...

My part has been delivered the 27th, after having faced some of the toughest bugs ever to me (thanks Ingo, you also originally suggested the HUE rotation in that plasma!), meanwhile Csabo was managing lotta other things, I really dunno how he did all that work... The final result is absolutely massive, and I really hope that a bit of the anarcodemocractic spirit of the series has leaked out even for the outer ppl attending the show! I've been quite surprised by the GOTU's part, which probably should have been fantastic to see on the big screen, an absolutely mesmerizing experience! Too many features to cite them all, from the heartbreaking part by Degauss to the Bauknecht's marvel and the great Moldi's comeback! One note apart for KiCHY: we must WE DAMN MUST HAVE a proper release for that Arkanoid from-scratch conversion: I saw there are all the levels into that, not releasing a proper game would be PURE HERESY!

If something like that has been put together in three months, then (with more organizers would be better anyway) anything can be done even in the future, and I expect to do that and more, though family job life whatever. Thank you guys, for all this.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024