Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-02-02
03:27:26
 Hungarian Cover Scans From Lacus!

Vadász És NyúlLacus has been busy buying up original Hungarian releases, and he's been kind enough to do the work of scanning, photographing, and transferring files to TAP format. Here's what's been added today: Európa (tape photo), Évezredek I and Évezredek III (covers and TAP), Magyarország (tape photo), Vadász És Nyúl (cover scan), Karate (covers and TAP), and Kincsvadász (covers and tape photo).

It's awesome have the original of Karate: if you've never played this Hungarian gem, now's the time to try it out! Vadász És Nyúl is not a noteworthy release by any means, but the cover artwork (and we're using that term very loosely here) is interesting. It appears to have been drawn by a young child. Perhaps there's a story behind it? Who knows :-)

Anyway, check these out and enjoy! Big thanks for Lacus for sending them in.

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-02-03
03:27:26
 Re: Hungarian Cover Scans From Lacus!

The Karate's TAP is a big achievement, thank you so much Lacus! At the moment, the link is broken because karate.tap file has been upload, in place of the ZIP one, but I'm gonna fix it once at home, just few hours from now.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-02-03
07:47:53

Ah, sorry about that. The correct ZIP is up now. Also the cassette photo for Kincsvadász is now also up.

Posted By

Gaia
on 2016-02-03
14:20:38

I'm almost sure Karate (BTW, all hail the TAP dump) is from 1988 and not 1987. I recall I got it around February 1988.

Posted By

siz
on 2016-02-04
04:23:42

I've just checked out Karate: the original TAP runs with 16k memory so we should update the datasheet for that. wink
Edit: I'm not sure about the cracks, perhaps we need a proper 16k crack too. I haven't checked those.

Posted By

Luca
on 2016-02-04
05:04:22

siz fixed, thank you! Wow, 16K, if I had seen a game like this in the golden era, I would have clapped to the authors for their great job.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2016-02-04
10:36:43

Gaia, the explanation for 1987 is in the description: the scrolltext says that Championship Wrestling is the "next" sports game. That one is from 1987, so it stands to reason that Karate would be before that... Anyway, I'll make a note, but I guess at this moment we don't know 100%.

The fact that this is a 16K game is pretty amazing... Will wonders ever cease? happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024