Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-12-24
 Hidden messages in games

This stuff may surprise even some of the veterans (or it may not wink). The "scene" programs were always full of hidden texts in the memory, but even some of the very old commercial classics had some.

Take a look at Gullwing Falcon and 3D Glooper for some weird notes!

Finally there's Atlantis. The author's words were so true...

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-12-25
 :-)

Very nice finds Csabo happy

Wish we could work out Doug Turner's secret password word to activaite his cheats... happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-12-26
 Re: Cheats

Don't you mean Patrick Strassen? Which Doug Turner game you suspect has a password (Icicle, Fingers, Prospector?) I know that Patrick said to have passwords in some games, GWNN was one right?

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-12-26
 Oops

yes your right happy

Posted By

Doug
on 2003-01-08
 Cheat codes

Sorry chaps - I can confirm that none of my games shipped with hidden cheat codes 8-(.
I took all that guff out prior to shipping the master images. Mind you, that doesn't seem to have stopped people hacking around in them to enable their own cheats!

Doug.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-01-08
 Doug

Here's a true story:

Q: How many people got stuck on Icicle Works because they could'nt exit the first level?

A: Me for one happy

I was sure I was doing something wrong. I played the map over and over and the little guy just would'nt exit the screen. Then a school friend said I had to press fire DOH! The games I had played before would exit with-out having to press fire wink
A week later I was asked the same question and this guy ended up being my best m8 and still is today hehehe!! happy

Posted By

TCFS
on 2003-07-09
 Re: Hidden messages in games

Even the c= plus/4 OS includes hidden messages. Don't ask, where, but starting a non-documented subroutine in the basic ROM, the names of the programmers will appear on the screen (some names are blinking, etc). As I remember 3 names will appear.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-07-09

yeah, we got this one somewhere here on the forum.. happy

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-07-09

TCFS, LAVINA pleeeeze read (download, open, Oooohhhh!, read happy the "Ultimate Rom map" (see on Tool section in this site). There you'll find everything [included the authors address].

Posted By

Lavina
on 2003-07-10

I know, I know..... happy Good job with that pal! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024