Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-09-09
10:08:19
 Re: Club Info #139 is out

I've found myself thinking about a 21st issue of Lone News, but every time I'm stuck in a vicious circle. Just like in the dicotomy webmag-papermag, nowadays the role of a diskmagazine should be a further in-depth analysis about what's happened the weeks or months before, and all in all most of the time nothing has actually been kept unveiled after forums interviews and chitchatting spoiled out online. I've been very proud in releasing Lone News 20, offering a wide view and several specimen about TEDsound.

Ok, let's say I get material to publish. After 20 issues, I have to admit the shame in releasing that bad coded mag's program, done in days when I simply dunno how to actually code in ML, a sort of brave patchwork of shit that simply worked for me. Just to say one: logo and characters lie in the same charset, you cannot have a clue how many times I had to manually reduce a logo in order to keep it packed into $0667! I should find motivation to code it from scratch, and this would mean I should rethink the whole stuff, handle stuff like RLE, I/O, resident disk turbos and so on.

The definitive punch in the face has been the vanishing of Fusion, a person I really REALLY would have interviewed in depth in order to unveil several hidden question, and I was so close to do that, until he disappeared from Facebook :/ Maybe I could afford another issue with the crappy code, I still have an interview with Callisto which is 2 years old now...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024