Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2015-09-07
07:45:30
 Club Info #139 is out

Club Info 139Club Info 139 has been released a while back. If you're a fan of "2001: A Space Odyssey", you might want to check out the B side of the disk for two images converted by George.

Posted By

George
on 2015-09-08
07:57:19
 Re: Club Info #139 is out

Its a conversion, which i made. Look also at my site www.patsos.de/blog. I am happy you like them. I didnt know that they put them on magazine.

Posted By

Epy
on 2015-09-09
02:41:15

Is it possible there will be English version?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-09-09
09:47:24

This came up before, I don't think so.

In terms of diskmags, we only have... Let's see. Lone News and Traffic Jam, neither of them had an issue for 7 years happy And of course Club Info. In practical terms, it's the last one... Which is why I've been supporting it as much as I can (some intros or at least a touched up and compressed title screen). We just have to appreciate it for what it is.

Though one option is to add the magazine text and translation ourselves. Who's up for it? grin

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-09-09
10:08:19

I've found myself thinking about a 21st issue of Lone News, but every time I'm stuck in a vicious circle. Just like in the dicotomy webmag-papermag, nowadays the role of a diskmagazine should be a further in-depth analysis about what's happened the weeks or months before, and all in all most of the time nothing has actually been kept unveiled after forums interviews and chitchatting spoiled out online. I've been very proud in releasing Lone News 20, offering a wide view and several specimen about TEDsound.

Ok, let's say I get material to publish. After 20 issues, I have to admit the shame in releasing that bad coded mag's program, done in days when I simply dunno how to actually code in ML, a sort of brave patchwork of shit that simply worked for me. Just to say one: logo and characters lie in the same charset, you cannot have a clue how many times I had to manually reduce a logo in order to keep it packed into $0667! I should find motivation to code it from scratch, and this would mean I should rethink the whole stuff, handle stuff like RLE, I/O, resident disk turbos and so on.

The definitive punch in the face has been the vanishing of Fusion, a person I really REALLY would have interviewed in depth in order to unveil several hidden question, and I was so close to do that, until he disappeared from Facebook :/ Maybe I could afford another issue with the crappy code, I still have an interview with Callisto which is 2 years old now...

Posted By

Patrick
on 2015-09-09
13:33:40

Luca, it looks like that Fusion is on LinkedIn.

have a look: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bjoernkindervater

if not, i will remove this post!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-09-09
13:55:53

The name is a match, and judging from the photo, it's him.

Lone News #21, here we come! grin

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2015-09-09
14:07:55

21? Wouldn't that be a Blackjack? happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-09-09
14:15:06

Hah, that's not a bad idea for a title picture!

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-09-09
14:29:58

Patrick yes he's the man, we used to chat on fb and I've sent a sheet of questions to him, then he disappeared and removed our friendship after some months; dunno, should I contact him for the nth time?

Posted By

George
on 2015-09-09
15:26:06

Yes contact him!

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-09-09
16:13:25

Ok, I did, no immediate feedback, let's see...

Posted By

MMS
on 2015-09-10
16:22:13

Back to the Club Infos, I really like their initial screens (OK, mainly conversion, but nice).

I like George's works, although we are on the different side of the same ruler: he likes the most crisp clear, dithering free pictures, while I like the most the "photorealistic" pictures, as much as possible on Plussy. But he is much more productive than me grin

I started to learn German again (after a failed trial ~10 years ago...) so Club Info would be great for practicing. :-) I can read it at acertain level, but currently it is far from the good or even acceptable level.

Posted By

George
on 2015-09-10
17:55:59

@MMS: Thank you for your kind words, my one and only "Liker" happy I like your work too.
Its excatly as you say: I like non dithered pictures. But its more about the chosen objects (car, spaceship..) which give me great happiness when i see it realized our machine. The V8 Interceptor from Mad Max is one of my favoritehappy The difficult thing is too find the right picture, which can be used for a nice conversion.

Posted By

hermit
on 2015-10-01
10:46:53

This is Viti with the sausage on the picture. You know, the real party is outside. happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024