Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Sidney
on 2015-06-22
16:58:52
 Best football game

As a football (Soccer if you are that way inclined!) nut I always like to seek out the best football games on each system I get. Having just got the C16 a couple of months back and having added a joystick and 27 games in that time I have so far not bought a football game, I have only seen World Cup by Artic and Indoor Soccer and neither looked particularly great. I'm not expecting Fifa or Pes on a C16 but something simillar to a Matchday or International Soccer would be acceptable.So what is the best C16 footy title out there??????

Posted By

Csabo
on 2015-06-22
17:29:34
 Re: Best football game

Well, you almost listed them all... There's only 3 that I can think of: World Cup, Indoor Soccer, European Soccer Finals. Each has many derivatives.

I'll let you judge them happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-23
06:06:32

You missed one, but then again there might be a couple more out there... World Cup Carnival. grin

The joke was on us back in the day as shamefully the same game with maybe the odd tweak was released around 4 or 5 times under different names commercially...

They were all a cross between World Cup and Indoor Soccer and that was as good as it got! To celebrate this mile stone of the most milked C16/Plus4 game in history there was a piss take release last year which is Indoor Soccer Brasil Edition after Brazil lost 7-1 to Germany.

If you want football on C16/Plus4 other than the above than your have to become a Manager instead which worked better. Football Manager and Footballer Of The Year are the better ones, I have to admit though I played the Plus/4 version of Footballer of The Year... There is also Soccer Boss or The Boss and League Challenge. Couple of more out there but these with give you the general idea.

Posted By

Patrick
on 2015-06-23
12:46:49

is there not a good football game on one of the other systems? so, we can pray for a conversion!!

Posted By

Gaia
on 2015-06-23
14:09:25

Someone should port Sensible Soccer to the plus/4 happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-23
15:28:12

One of the best on C64 was MicroProse Soccer and maybe the very game Jon Hare was inspired by when creating Sensible Soccer...
http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games/details.php%3FID%3D1671

BTW, Sensible Soccer is very good on the Sega Megadrive and makes for a cheaper alternative as a way of playing it if you don't have an Amiga. Or there is always emulation for those not fussed about owning the real deal. wink

Posted By

Sidney
on 2015-06-24
11:47:49

Thanks for the info Mik. To the others- I was rather hoping for a pixel perfect conversion of Fifa 15 for the C16, sadly I doubt it will be possible. My bad as they say........

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-25
06:38:10

I'm sure Sensi would run and be a great game on the 8bits, even with 12k but would take some good programming skills to make the AI work as well as play against you in single player. Maybe an Indoor Five a Side version would be better. And for copyright reasons as it's still being sold officially on XBOX LiVE as I type, the name would need a slight change...

Just for the record, it might surprise you to learn that EA released a couple of games on C16!

Commodore wanted EA to use it's online service called CBM LIVE but as they did with the classic XBOX in the early days they refused at the time the games were released.. So no online play for us. wink
I lie of course about the online side ha!

Check out Room Ten's front cover any way. happy

Posted By

retroscener
on 2015-06-26
09:03:31

I quite like Indoor Soccer. The basic gameplay of it is not that far removed from International Soccer on the C64 happy

CCI magazine seems to like it...a lot.

cci08860058

Posted By

Sidney
on 2015-06-27
02:33:21

Cheers Baz, I will look into that one.

Posted By

MIK
on 2015-06-27
06:04:16

That Magnificent 7 release as you see from the cover artwork in the review would be placed on the genuine rare list, (if ever there was one...). On the actual Indoor Soccer page it's self, scroll down to the covers and take a peek at the Alternative Software Re-release as that is the more common version.

BTW forget what they say about Pharaoh's Tomb, it is easily beaten with-in a couple of plays and is as limited in the game play department as the amount of colours used on screen. Check out Ghost Town by Udo Gertz or Magician's Curse if you fancy some GFX adventuring as they make Pharaoh's Tomb look like a bad Solar Software game. wink

Posted By

Sidney
on 2015-06-28
18:28:11

That Magnificent 7 version looks like they took the cover art from a 1950's football magazine! The Alternative Software alternative cover is much more befitting for the game in my opinion. Baz's scanned review from an old Commodore mag seemed in favour of it, what is the opinion here?

Posted By

Sidney
on 2015-06-28
18:30:35

Opinion of the game I mean. User name came out wrong, typing quick on my Playstation Vita!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024