Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2015-04-24
02:30:30
 Re: Knaecketraecker: First TEDsound Tracker Ever!

Mh, I'm quite sure that the first music done with it will come from outside the core of our scene.

Along these years, I mostly used the TLCplay, with some intrusions into LODplay old version and the TEDchip Music Player by 4-MAT, which is strictly an editor: build up instruments, use'em into patterns with duration, then use the patterns into tracks. Using an editor is a technical approach, because you know exactly _when_ that particular sound is playing (and with "when" I mean: into which frame of my 2x tune). Do you remember the sentences sounding like:"Adventures In Time sometimes seems to play with a 3rd voice"? Heh, that achievement has been performed the way I described above.

As I pointed out from the news, Knaecketraecker is a real tracker, and this means it's focused on the music itself, less technique and more feeling. The note duration has been put as a secondary variable in building up a pattern, and the groove table is used in order to mix up'em all. At a first glance, I would have been tempted to place an unique "groove" value, in order to set me free counting any pattern frame as "1" and actually use it as a pass-1 editor, but, you can see, that's not the right approach to unveil all the potential of that tool! And that's why, after a first close contact with it, I have decided to face it later with no hurry, let's become acquainted slowly with it.

Said that, people with a Protracker (et similia) background will find themselves comfortably into it, and that's why I predict that the first true examples of Knaecketraecker made tunes will come from outside the Plus/4 scene, theory supported by observing who're the most active dudes spreading news about this release wink Apropos, hope that someone has shown the tracker to YERZMYEY, I'm expecting great results from him happy

Ok buds, I say it's time to begin playing with this monster a bit more, have a good training! wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024